5 Replies - 5377 Views - Last Post: 19 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

#1 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Snippets Migration Successful!

Post icon  Posted 18 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

For those who don't remember, a while back, we took the old snippets system offline and migrated to a forum-based system rather than using the custom plugin.

These past few weeks, there has been a lot of work behind the scenes to migrate the snippets. I have been writing a lot of queries to migrate the snippets. As of Saturday, they have all been spot checked to make sure the forum software didn't upset the formatting too much.

We were unable to save a number of snippets, but the vast majority were successfully migrated. Some low-quality snippets were also removed in the cleanup process.

I want to thank modi123_1 for helping me to refine the queries to be much more efficient. I also want to thank jimblumberg, AdamSpeight2008, no2pencil, jon.kiparsky, and Curtis Rutland for helping me by spot checking the snippets in their sections and cleaning up some formatting issues. Their help really sped up the process a lot.

If there are clear formatting issues or duplicate threads, please report them and they will be fixed. If you come across a thread with no posts, please contact me directly or post here.

Regarding snippets with seemingly duplicate posts- this is not an issue. On the old system, members could update a snippet and it would be re-queued for review. This created new entries in the database (which was not designed well). These multiple posts on a thread by the OP are actually the updated versions, where the last such post is the most recent edit/version. Please do not report snippets for this issue.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 3
  • +

Replies To: Snippets Migration Successful!

• Let it rip!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Snippets Migration Successful!

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

Wow excellent work, it was a long time coming but its great to have full usage of it now. Thank you all for your hard work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:54 PM

Glad you go it finally worked out. I know some of those queries were being an issue.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

I'm excited that we have the full repository back too! Now that I have database access, we can look at automating a few things as well as looking at certain metrics more closely. I'd like to make my summer project automating the Awards, including Rep and Tenure.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

View PostKYA, on 02 September 2011 - 05:45 PM, said:

MAC IS MY HERO

This
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• NeoTifa Codebreaker, the Scourge of Devtester
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

Hey I was there for moral support! Also, yay, and you only broke DIC once in the process! ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1