6 Replies - 353 Views - Last Post: 24 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

create my own software or become a reseller

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

hi guys
I wanted to know what your perspective is of creating your own software and selling it or become a reseller of someones else software
What is your take on it?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: create my own software or become a reseller

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: create my own software or become a reseller

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

They are pretty different roles. Why is it between those two?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

To develop your own you need skills. To sell someone else's you need a website, and even that someone else can make for you.

To develop your own you need to see a need/market... the ability to design a solution... the ability to code a solution... AND the ability to sell the solution... the ability to put food on the table for the 6mos-2years while you create the solution PLUS the time to start seeing a return....

So both require the ability to sell software. If you're selling your own the you also need the ability to create it. Duh!

But surely you know all this already if you're over the age of 15. So what is it you're looking for? Are you just hoping someone will write 20 paragraphs on it so you can turn in their analysis as your term paper?

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 24 January 2015 - 03:48 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 24 January 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

To develop your own you need skills. To sell someone else's you need a website, and even that someone else can make for you.

To develop your own you need to see a need/market... the ability to design a solution... the ability to code a solution... AND the ability to sell the solution... the ability to put food on the table for the 6mos-2years while you create the solution PLUS the time to start seeing a return....

So both require the ability to sell software. If you're selling your own the you also need the ability to create it. Duh!

But surely you know all this already if you're over the age of 15. So what is it you're looking for? Are you just hoping someone will write 20 paragraphs on it so you can turn in their analysis as your term paper?

i am a programmer so stop assuming. I just wanted to know if someone has the experience which one is better in making money or winst. Which cleary you dont
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:16 PM

Great attitude. You type in a 1 sentence question with no explanation of who you are, what your skills are, what your experience is, what your perspective is... No context for us such as whether or not you're an 18 year old trying to choose a path in life or a 40 year old trying to choose a NEW path in life... Or a coder with 20 years experience developing for another company but considering branching out on your own... Nothing for us to go on...

So when two mentors here both ask you in their own way for some more info you don't bother to answer the first one, and insult the second one.

So let me give you some background on myself... I have no tolerance for treating newbies like special little snowflakes as if my primary role here is to make sure I build up their ego's and don't say anything that might be construed as anything less than saying they can do anything. I've been around the world for Uncle Sam, and again a couple more times over the last 10 years as a civilian software engineer with clients ranging from Warner Brothers, Knotts Berry Farm, Sea World to Clear Channel Radio and SiriusXM. I've worked for large companies creating their products, I've worked as a freelancer creating products for small clients. Those jobs keep food on the table while I make products of my own design to fill needs that I see, as side projects and side income to regular paying work. So yeah, clearly I do have an idea or two about what you're asking.

Best of luck in your future, whatever that might be.
<unsubscribing from this thread>
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 24 January 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

Great attitude. You type in a 1 sentence question with no explanation of who you are, what your skills are, what your experience is, what your perspective is... No context for us such as whether or not you're an 18 year old trying to choose a path in life or a 40 year old trying to choose a NEW path in life... Or a coder with 20 years experience developing for another company but considering branching out on your own... Nothing for us to go on...

So when two mentors here both ask you in their own way for some more info you don't bother to answer the first one, and insult the second one.

So let me give you some background on myself... I have no tolerance for treating newbies like special little snowflakes as if my primary role here is to make sure I build up their ego's and don't say anything that might be construed as anything less than saying they can do anything. I've been around the world for Uncle Sam, and again a couple more times over the last 10 years as a civilian software engineer with clients ranging from Warner Brothers, Knotts Berry Farm, Sea World to Clear Channel Radio and SiriusXM. I've worked for large companies creating their products, I've worked as a freelancer creating products for small clients. Those jobs keep food on the table while I make products of my own design to fill needs that I see, as side projects and side income to regular paying work. So yeah, clearly I do have an idea or two about what you're asking.

Best of luck in your future, whatever that might be.
<unsubscribing from this thread>

So be a mentor. You old fat troll
Was This Post Helpful? -3
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

That's how a thread is closed.

germio - we expect a more professional tone here, and name calling is not part of it.. If you are unclear of the rules feel free to shoot me a PM.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1