2 Replies - 719 Views - Last Post: 22 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

The World is a Functional Program

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

I had a bit too much fun in writing this one, but what if the entire world was a functional program?

http://baweaver.com/...tional-program/

What if the world was, in its entirety, a functional program? Through the discovery of mathematics and pure functions, we can derived the process in which lead to our world.

This is what happens when I have a bit too much spare time. Whenever I have more I'm adding more code segments and rewriting the current ones in Lisp for added effect.

This post has been edited by Lemur: 20 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: The World is a Functional Program

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: The World is a Functional Program

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:26 PM

Moved to Share Your Project.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: The World is a Functional Program

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

I highly enjoy reading articles like that one. There are multitudes of evidence that support that the Universe is just a program, or even a simulation. Many Scientists have also suggested that there is the "Grand Designer" who coded this Universe.A vast amount of Theists are in support of Intelligent Design. Whether that intelligence was a personal "Yahweh" figure, a Deistic Deity, or some type of energy or dark matter that we could call a God.
Even though the evidence seems to point that our Universe was programmed, it doesnt point to high-quality programming. Sure, our Universe seems to be fine tuned for life, but there are many inconsistencies that arise Genetically and in the Cosmos.To me, it seems that our Universe was indeed programmed with Mathematical Laws, but the Programmer also made some flaws. I think he was a B level programmer, not an A level master. He/She/It/ must have started off copy and pasting html, instead of actually typing it out.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1