7 Replies - 9209 Views - Last Post: 12 November 2007 - 08:56 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

PIG LATIN IN VB!

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:32 PM

hi guys,

okay so i've read through this forum and i've seen some topics addressing Pig Latin in Java. i think the concept of Pig Latin is cool, but i was trying it in Visual Basic but hahaha. i am more of a designer than a programmer.

has anyone done a Pig Latin project in VB before? and once i can write a translator, how do i write another set of codes to reverse the Pig Latin translation? would a char array help?

thanksss

lexie

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PIG LATIN IN VB!

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PIG LATIN IN VB!

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:00 PM

Though Ive never done any pig Latin in any language, I suppose using a Char Array would be one way to go, the other would to just take the first character of the word and append it to the end of the word. As far as "un" pig Latin, it would simply be the reverse process you used to get it into pig Latin format I suppose.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:29 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 9 Nov, 2007 - 09:00 PM, said:

Though Ive never done any pig Latin in any language, I suppose using a Char Array would be one way to go, the other would to just take the first character of the word and append it to the end of the word. As far as "un" pig Latin, it would simply be the reverse process you used to get it into pig Latin format I suppose.

hmmm.. need to figure out how to find the first letter, move it to the back of the word, and add an a in there... if i remember right, thats piglatin right?

iglatinpa? maa ia ightra?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

No, pig latin involves the first sound in a word - not necessarily the first letter.

For example, dog would become ogday, but school would become something more along the lines of oolschay(pronounced "ool-skay").
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:46 PM

View Postgirasquid, on 10 Nov, 2007 - 11:03 PM, said:

No, pig latin involves the first sound in a word - not necessarily the first letter.

For example, dog would become ogday, but school would become something more along the lines of oolschay(pronounced "ool-skay").

the first syllable? oh dang, then you guys definately got me, if it were just a simple first letter then it would be simple...

never worked with a translator before..

never worked with a lot of things actually
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

Also, if the word starts with a vowel, you do nothing but add 'way' to the end.

Addway, Appleway, Evilway.

Ou-yay an'tcay peak-say ig-pay atin-lay?

Man, it's sad that I'm fluent, being able to speak so quick xD
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:23 PM

You are in luck, I created the Pig Latin Definitive... a blog entry that covers Pig latin in programming of five common languages including VB.NET. You can read one way to solve the problem.

Just another great service we offer here at DIC. That is because we be coding ninjas after all.

Martyr2's Programming Underground - Pig Latin Definitive (C++,C#,Java, VB.NET, PHP)

Enjoy! :snap:
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

View PostMartyr2, on 11 Nov, 2007 - 11:23 PM, said:

You are in luck, I created the Pig Latin Definitive... a blog entry that covers Pig latin in programming of five common languages including VB.NET. You can read one way to solve the problem.

Just another great service we offer here at DIC. That is because we be coding ninjas after all.

Martyr2's Programming Underground - Pig Latin Definitive (C++,C#,Java, VB.NET, PHP)

Enjoy! :snap:

iyay ancay eakspay omesay
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1