2 Replies - 797 Views - Last Post: 04 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

[WAMP/Laravel] Trouble installing Composer -- [ERR_CONNECTION] error

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:58 AM

I'm trying to familiarize myself with Laravel. Seems like most tutorials use WAMP server. Up until now I have done all PHP development on my remote server so I download and install the latest version of WAMP. I also download and install the latest version of Composer. WAMP installs fine. As I go to install Composer I select my PHP.exe (in WAMP directory) and when I continue from there it tries to download the 'composer.phar' file from their web server. I get this error:

Connection Error [ERR_CONNECTION]: Unable to connect to getcomposer.org

Request to https://getcomposer.org/installer failed with errors:
Failed to open stream: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I am able to access that page through the browser though. To troubleshoot this I remoted in to my machine at home, did the same thing, and composer installed as expected. Both machines are running an up to date Windows 7 x64 and both have used the same install files.

When I Google it it seems like this is usually resolved by going in to the php.ini and enabled 'openssl'. This is already enabled by default though.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [WAMP/Laravel] Trouble installing Composer -- [ERR_CONNECTION] error

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: [WAMP/Laravel] Trouble installing Composer -- [ERR_CONNECTION] error

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:38 AM

Hello logik... I'm probably not a lot of help to you. Have you the time to try and re-install your Wampserver as 32bit?
I need to revisit it as well. When I installed it overnight everything changed and I had a few other things to do, end product... lost momentum.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [WAMP/Laravel] Trouble installing Composer -- [ERR_CONNECTION] error

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

If it's requiring SSL, that is off port 443, & not 80. Do you have the correct firewall policy in place to allow traffic to your server via port 443?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1