3 Replies - 504 Views - Last Post: 04 March 2015 - 02:02 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking for info about ASP.Net and VB

Posted 01 March 2015 - 06:11 AM

Hello. :)
I am going to be registering for classes soon and the prereqs are mainly just intro to programming but I am looking for some advice as to which courses I should take. I just completed an intro to VB.Net and next I will take advanced VB. But after that I can choose development with ASP.Net or development with C#. Should I take the ASP course first or the C# course? Does it matter? Is one more difficult than the other? I am also asking my advisor but I am interested to know what others think.

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for info about ASP.Net and VB

• Dishonored
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking for info about ASP.Net and VB

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:41 AM

ASP is needed for anything web using Windows servers, but C# is a very widely used language. Which is more important? My opinion, getting web fundamentals down is probably higher.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:02 PM

I was able to relate a lot of the stuff from my ASP/C# class to VB. You should take the ASP course
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:02 AM

If web development is something that you are interested in, then I would definitely agree that going the ASP.NET route would be a better use of your time. It would also be worthwhile seeing if the course provided ASP.NET MVC as well as this is a very good framework (with good design patterns and principles) for ASP.NET web development and one that is well sought after in the workplace (at least in the UK it is).

Regardless of the language you use in .NET, as long as you have a good fundamental understanding of OOP and the .NET Framework then the language doesn't really matter when comparing VB.NET to C#. There are differences between them beyond syntax but nothing that will hinder you too much.

Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1