4 Replies - 340 Views - Last Post: 18 March 2015 - 02:23 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hi Guys :)

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

Hi guys i am shine,I have studied some 3d and 2d animation,and was working as flash animator and graphic designer for few years.Currently i am jobless and trying to learn some javascript programming and i am enjoying it.I wish to create games like contra and mario someday,but i am very bad at math.Can any one suggest me what is necessary math and programming skills required to build these kind of games.
Thanks !
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hi Guys :)

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hi Guys :)

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:55 AM

Welcome to DIC! Glad to have you. Javascript is an interesting language - I don't know it well, but I've had to use it some, and it seems like there's some depths to explore. Not sure I'd see it as the basis for game programming though.

Can any one suggest me what is necessary math and programming skills required to build these kind of games.

Assuming you've got your basics - algebra, trig, calculus, geometry - then discrete math is usually a good first stop for programmers, and linear algebra seems to come in handy a lot. I wouldn't know what most comes in handy for game design, though, perhaps someone working in that area will check in and fill that in.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:10 AM

Thanks Jon :bigsmile:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

View Postgreenshield08, on 17 March 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

Hi guys i am shine,I have studied some 3d and 2d animation,and was working as flash animator and graphic designer for few years.

Hello Shine. Welcome. I graduated with bachelor in math/comp-sci about 25 years ago. I'm relearning what I used to know :).

Currently i am jobless ...

Me too. :D

...and trying to learn some javascript programming and i am enjoying it.I wish to create games like contra and mario someday,...

Do you have a specific idea of how your game would be? Having a specific goal is a good idea. It drives you towards something rather than wandering towards a general destination. You have better chances of success if you have a well defined goal.

Welcome.

This post has been edited by Betsemes: 17 March 2015 - 09:08 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:23 AM

Hi there Betsemes :bigsmile: ,i want to make a game like project zomboid,here is the link :http://projectzomboid.com/
any guess what kind of skills are needed for this ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1