121 Replies - 4803 Views - Last Post: 03 December 2007 - 10:45 AM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Beliefs...

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:41 PM

View Postskyhawk133, on 13 Nov, 2007 - 01:37 PM, said:

I'm going to preach the gospel of Bob the Builder:

Sadly, if successful, we'd probably have a far more peaceful world than we do now. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:44 PM

no. we wouldn't.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• me editor am smartastic
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:46 PM

View PostDilutedImage, on 13 Nov, 2007 - 01:07 PM, said:

Yet another example of the sad reality that is our world. Everyone is so quick to denounce God, and defend all other religions. Why the discrimination? Have any of you actually put any time into studying what the Bible says? Can any of you actually make an educated argument against anything it says?

There has not been a single post denouncing God in this thread. Unless you count sloth's comment about not being an asshole, and I'm pretty sure that you can believe in God and still be an asshole. And yes, I'm sure a great number of people here could make educated arguments against what the bible says - as have a great number of theologists and religious leaders. But since religion is a touchy subject, I'd imagine that a lot of people don't want to get caught up in a flame war...hence the Dr. Seuss.

Though they may have claimed Christianity, they certainly were not. Most of their actions were in complete contradiction to the Bible.

Thank you for missing the point. The belief systems of extremists and fanaticists rarely coincide with the core beliefs from which they supposedly derive.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:48 PM

"Religion", organized religion that is, is cause for more blood shed in the history of the world than anything. For any religion to claim to be the only try religion is completely asinine, and those who preach that should be ashamed with themselves, bottom line. As was pointed out earlier, politics & religion are 2 topics to never be discussed in mixed company.

That article may be the truth according to Rick Mathes, but has anyone else who was involved in this "claimed" confrontation spoken up on what they feel happened that day? I don't really know who this Rick Mathes is, and from what Ive read about him, don't really care to know more than I do now. He is most definitely one of those ignorant people I referred to earlier who will go to his grave believing his religion is the one true religion.

*** Paragraph Break Before I Piss Some off ***

In my opinion, no one else's or any claim this is the truth, just the truth according to me, anyone who leads their life only according to a book written over 2000 years ago by a bunch of drunken sheep/goat headers and mindless sheep. They use the Bible as an excuse to not have to take responsibility for their actions, they use it done they don't have to formulate any educated, self thought out idea or opinion.

Dont get me wrong, I'm in no way shape or form saying there isnt a higher being than all of use, some chose to call it God, some Allah, some others. I believe organized religion is a crock, and coincidently one of the largest money making industries in this country. I do, however; believe in spirituality, and for those who belive the bible it says you are the pray to God in the privacy of your closet, not in public, which also means a church, so that in itself makes you a hypocrite.

If you want to live your life according to what the Bible says, don't just pick out the parts that suit you, live it full, like where it states you should stone your own mother is she wears an article og cloting made from 2 or more pieces of material. Im sorry if this past part offended anyone, I was raised by an ordained Southern Baptist minister who was the largest hypocrite Ive ever known, and who used the parts of the bible that suited him to beat the shit out of us kids, so my opinion of organized religion is somewhat tainted.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:49 PM

well to be fair, my comment specifically refers to me myself not being an asshole, not a dig at any religion.

the dr. seuss thing though, that was totally a dig at all religions (equal opportunity offender)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Connection failed
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:50 PM

well as messenger(s) of god, i mean the people who preach their religion to the masses. and they DO manipulate(as in add their own versions on what's written in the Holy Book(since im not specifically targeting any religion) for example), and mostly people consider it to be true.

ill speak of WWII as an example(this is offending but itd make things lil bit clearer)

WHY did hitler get SUCH support in his people, cause at that time germany was in a state of debt and masses of people were in debt to the high class who were mostly jews(who actually LOOTED the debted germans) eventually this anger WAS building up, and hitler Manipulated this anger so nicely that almost everyone was in support of him.

many of you dont know this but Islam was born due to similar reasons,
you see people who carried the trade good from India to the other parts of the world, had to face a lot of hardships to take it the way to the destination, be it europe /persia /whatever. now there was this class of people(dont know specifically what they were like) who ruled the countries in middle east and they heavily taxed these merchants and eventually they were left with minimal profit despite suffering death and despair during the transit, and since traders were a large community(since trading was the ONLY business back then) this anger also built up in them, so eventually these trader community formed thier own beliefs that they would follow, which includes (edit)not worshipping idols WHY cause the ruling clan of those countries worshipped idols... and the list goes on, and went ruthlessly against the offending classes

therefore when the amount of shit that people can tolerate is crossed, its an uproar, manipulated successfully by influencial people(cant be specific, but yeah so called messenger(s) of god are a part of them)

This post has been edited by Xenon: 13 November 2007 - 01:54 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:51 PM

I believe organized religion is a crock, and coincidently one of the largest money making industries in this country.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. Ask your priest/pastor/whatever what he drives. If it's not a BMW, he's got a lot of money in his savings account. I guarantee it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:53 PM

View Postskyhawk133, on 13 Nov, 2007 - 01:39 PM, said:

It's ignorant for a person to believe/denounce anything that they've not personally researched experienced.

I didn't personally experience World War 2, but that doesn't make it any less real. Sometimes we must rely on more than just personal experience.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:58 PM

I didn't personally experience when the earth formed, but that doesn't make it any less real. Sometimes we must rely on science.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Connection failed
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:01 PM

View Postskyhawk133, on 14 Nov, 2007 - 02:21 AM, said:

I believe organized religion is a crock, and coincidently one of the largest money making industries in this country.

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. Ask your priest/pastor/whatever what he drives. If it's not a BMW, he's got a lot of money in his savings account. I guarantee it.

i know the pope drives in a volkswagen.. or what exactly :) ?(as in $$$$)

View Postskyhawk133, on 14 Nov, 2007 - 02:28 AM, said:

I didn't personally experience when the earth formed, but that doesn't make it any less real. Sometimes we must rely on science.

yeah, I would believe that the earth was flat and one could fall off the edge if not for science, i rely on it since i havent been to outer space, and never in a lifetime
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:06 PM

View PostXenon, on 13 Nov, 2007 - 12:50 PM, said:

therefore when the amount of shit that people can tolerate is crossed, its an uproar, manipulated successfully by influencial people(cant be specific, but yeah so called messenger(s) of god are a part of them)

Well then they should seriously work on the amount of shit they can take. Religion causes more war and bloodshed than anything, that is a fact
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Connection failed
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:11 PM

dont you feel you should head some local church ? ;) and then open up another site DIM(dream in money)

ps also little boys come there jk
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:14 PM

Do you hate intolerant people?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:14 PM

View PostXenon, on 13 Nov, 2007 - 02:11 PM, said:

dont you feel you should head some local church ? ;) and then open up another site DIM(dream in money)

ps also little boys come there jk

Don't need to. There's already 213 in a 25 mile radius according to a google map search.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »