5 Replies - 764 Views - Last Post: 19 November 2007 - 06:04 AM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Which languages or software ?

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:32 AM

What languages should I know to be able to make a website like cprogramming.com or cplusplus.com ???

And Also set up a Forum :D

Is there need of any thing else ?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Which languages or software ?

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Which languages or software ?

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:41 AM

You need to learn just more than a programming language to produce a dynamic website. You should also learn about Databases and how information is retrieve from a database. I suggest you start learning PHP and MySQL.

PHP is the language which you can create websites and MySQL is the database which stores information. HTML is also essential because it's the language of the web. Technically HTML isn't a language but a way of formatting information for a website.

Here are some tutorials: http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/

Hope this helps!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:52 AM

Btw I Don't know anything about web making

Just made a web page 3 years ago just a simple text and images one

So Should i start directly learning PHP and MySQL

Will any software do the job ??

MAy be Dreamweaver??
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:02 AM

I recommend learning HTML and CSS. This will teach you how to create websites the correct and standard way. http://w3schools.com/ have great resources and tutorials on how to get you started. Dreamweaver is a good (and expensive) tool to create website. I don't recommend just jumping into creating database driven websites. It's learning too much information all at once.

Learn HTML and CSS. Once you got the hang of that, learn Javascript, which is a scripting language for websites, commonly used for validation on forms or even just simply getting today's date on your page. PHP should come much later when you have even knowledge of the fundamentals of creating a good website. This shit just doesn't happen overnight ya know? :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2007 - 05:01 AM

View Postk00ldude47, on 15 Nov, 2007 - 06:32 AM, said:

What languages should I know to be able to make a website like cprogramming.com or cplusplus.com ???

I guess u already have the knowlegde of c++ before trying to make a saite familiar with it. Since you say that you are a begginer on website building then i suggest you start learning html. Its simple to learn, you dont even need tuts (i learned much with only viewing source of complicated websites).

Another thing you could use to make your site functional is Javascript. This is not java, but its a scripting language similar with it.

Dreamweaver would be the best choice but i strongly recomend you to learn html and js first. Go on, use notepad and try on your own before you use any application.

There are different languages you can use either, like java or flash. But personally i would hate a flash based website, even if its well designed and impressive.

Of course as others said you need to know mysql and php in order to be able to build databases.

Finally, what i recommend for a begginer is to attempt to bulid a website with hmtl and js or vbscript (visual basic script, but it actually does what js does) and for the forum matter you can find a ready builted forum that can be provided on your website (copy&paste code). And yes it will have advertisements - why would they just give it to you? - but you can easilly remove them from the code, its such a pathetic try of advertisment
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head MFIC
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:04 AM

View Postk00ldude47, on 15 Nov, 2007 - 07:32 AM, said:

If you just want a Forum, there are places that offer them for free. Otherwise you'll need to install one on your host.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1