2 Replies - 374 Views - Last Post: 10 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Android Database connection file

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

Hi D.I.C!

I'm new to Android development, but have years of experience with programming in general. I'm trying to learn some Android development, and want to create an app that connects to an existing database. How should I store the connection settings (such as database username and password), that is sensitive and I don't want the user to be able to find, but the app can still use.

Basically, what's the best way to know login credentials for your database while being secure about where you save it?

Thank you so much!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Android Database connection file

• </code.in.dream>
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Android Database connection file

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:29 AM

Android provides an SQLite DB for your app to which you can connect without username/password. Are you trying to connect to an external DB using a driver? It is not encouraged to connect directly to an external DB using Java Driver because of performance issues. Otherwise android would have provided a driver for it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Android Database connection file

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

Isn't that stored on the user's phone in the data/ directory, though? I'm not sure how that's secure. Plus, I'm not exactly sure how that would integrate with an already created database... (sorry, probably dumb questions).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1