3 Replies - 2444 Views - Last Post: 11 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

#1 snoopy11  Icon User is online

• Engineering ● Software
  • member icon

• View blog

Microsoft Surface Hub

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

Interesting idea http://www.winbeta.o...-has-integrated along with windows surface tablets and windows phones do we really need anything else in our business lives... ?? How much will it cost..??

This post has been edited by snoopy11: 11 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Microsoft Surface Hub

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Microsoft Surface Hub

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

Surface as the name of their old touch screen tables... and that tech's been used/abused by the media for sometime.

Posted Image

do we really need anything else in our business lives... ??

Hololense.. so you can see Deadpool grasping his chimichanga EVERYWHERE!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 snoopy11  Icon User is online

• Engineering ● Software
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

Well on a more serious note,

in our business lives we need integrated technologies and software to be productive.

Is this Hub the way forward ??

Or is it better that we all sit hunched over a PC in a cubicle ??

Personally I think integrated software that runs on any device be it google, apple or microsoft or ubuntu
is more important than having a big touch screen that we can all play with.

The major problems businesses have is usually things like marketing's software doesn't communicate well or at all with distribution's software and accounting's software doesn't talk with billing's software.

The biggest challenges business faces could be solved by better software not big touch screens.

But its an interesting concept. But do Modern businesses need tech like this, will they pay the money for it ??

I could see big security hub's at shopping malls and stadiums investing in tech like this but not anyone else.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

Is this Hub the way forward ??
Or is it better that we all sit hunched over a PC in a cubicle ??

I do not think these are two sides of the same argument. The hub is just that - a nexus for folk.. a PC in a cube is not a social wheel.

It'll be nice in a collaborative sense, but not something you'll hunch over to plink out the keys for coding.

Personally I think integrated software that runs on any device be it google, apple or microsoft or ubuntu
is more important than having a big touch screen that we can all play with.

I would disagree, and I would also contend they are not mutually exclusive. MS is making strides to ratchet up a tool for compiling things on different OSs and still has space to make a hub nicer.

The biggest challenges business faces could be solved by better software not big touch screens.

AGain.. not mutually exclusive.

But do Modern businesses need tech like this, will they pay the money for it ??

Yes, I've touched one.. well.. the 1.0 version that is.

I could see big security hub's at shopping malls and stadiums investing in tech like this but not anyone else.

That's it? What about doctors collaborating on treating a patient? Local PD strategizing? A new use for a coffee table as a family center for entertainment, videos, pictures, etc. Presentations ket a kick in the rear and you cant put a little more 'big news media' spin on it. Unified Id or universal apps means things can be transferred as needed. Educational options as well.

Posted Image

http://computer.hows...oft-surface.htm

Posted Image
http://healthinforma...crosoft+Surface

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1