0 Replies - 789 Views - Last Post: 12 May 2015 - 03:46 AM

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Video colour management

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:46 AM

Hello folks,

I'm not really into video editing and I'm lost with colour spaces. Actually, what troubles me is that it doesn't seem to be mentioned in any of my software(s?), namely Blender and Adobe Media Encoder.

I know for a fact that when I render something with Blender (3D software), it uses my monitor's colour space (for an unknown reason by the way. It's the same thing when I do a print-screen). I'm on a Mac and I mainly design stuff that will be printed on paper, so my gamma is set to 1.8 instead of 2.2

When I render a still image, I have to open it with Photoshop and convert it to sRGB if I want to share it (especially on the web), but what should I do when I render a video ? I don't see any options related to colours in Adobe Media Encoder for example.

I noticed that, when I upload my video on a server and play it with the HTML5 video tag in Firefox on a PC, Firefox applies colour correction (The funny thing is that, when the video loads, I see the uncorrected colours, then it darkens all of a sudden). I should be happy with that, but for some reason the result is way too dark and because of that noise shows up. Opera and Chrome do nothing special to the video.

Can someone explain it to me or point me the right direction ? How do colour space work when you do video ?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by ge∅: 12 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1