1 Replies - 1520 Views - Last Post: 27 November 2007 - 06:23 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Migrating Search Engine Results

Post icon  Posted 19 November 2007 - 04:49 AM

Hello,

im fairly new to python and am carrying out a project at the moment. im not sure if python is the right option for me.

im looking to retrieve the top 20 ranked documents from a phones browser
and take all the information presented to my own application on my phone where i will act on them further,

is this possible with python? can i interact with the search engine tyo take all the urls over?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Migrating Search Engine Results

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Migrating Search Engine Results

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:23 PM

View Postneil1811, on 19 Nov, 2007 - 04:49 AM, said:

Hello,

im fairly new to python and am carrying out a project at the moment. im not sure if python is the right option for me.

im looking to retrieve the top 20 ranked documents from a phones browser
and take all the information presented to my own application on my phone where i will act on them further,

is this possible with python? can i interact with the search engine tyo take all the urls over?

If you've got a Nokia phone from the last few years, it probably runs python natively. The processing power in that phone probably ain't great, but you can use the python to screen scrape a search results page. Your best bet for a python library that would be a good fit for screen scraping is Beautiful Soup
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1