6 Replies - 542 Views - Last Post: 11 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hello!

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

I'm Taylor Manning. I'm a NEW computer science major. :stupid: I'm 20 years old, currently in South Carolina, studying at Valencia College, Fla (online, and soon possibly transferring credits to a school in SC), and hopefully I should be getting my Associate's by next spring or summer. I'm trying my best to study the material I get for my CS courses, but I still feel confused sometimes after reading over and analyzing the material. So, I thought it would be a great Idea to join an online forum where I could get to know others within my future career field, maybe make connections, and learn some things I might not learn from my courses otherwise. Hope to make the most of this site and it's resources! ^^

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello!

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello!

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:23 PM

Hello!

I hope you find the site useful! Good luck with your studies, and please let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Best,
Dogstopper
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2015 - 12:39 AM

welcome to Dream.In.Code!
I hope you enjoy your stay!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImageTaylor

View Postv31l0fm4y4_m4tr14rch, on 16 June 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

I'm Taylor Manning.

Hello Taylor. Welcome.

I'm a NEW computer science major. :stupid:/> I'm 20 years old, currently in South Carolina, studying at Valencia College, Fla (online, and soon possibly transferring credits to a school in SC), and hopefully I should be getting my Associate's by next spring or summer.

Stupid? You mean you're studying on this school? That doesn't seem to be a place for a stupid student, so I don't believe you are stupid.

I'm trying my best to study the material I get for my CS courses, but I still feel confused sometimes after reading over and analyzing the material. So, I thought it would be a great Idea to join an online forum where I could get to know others within my future career field, maybe make connections, and learn some things I might not learn from my courses otherwise. Hope to make the most of this site and it's resources! ^^/>

You have a good goal for joining! However, if you find it hard, then maybe your ideal career lies somewhere else. What are you good at? What are your hobbies?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageEnjoy your stay!

This post has been edited by Betsemes: 18 June 2015 - 11:04 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. :J
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostBetsemes, on 18 June 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

<Snip>

I've sometimes wondered that myself. Haha! I've always had an interest in coding, so I know it's something I would want to do as a career. But I also really love music, specifically the recording side of it. I initially had majored in audio engineering. But due to a lot of conflict with my parents about my major (causing me to stress out a lot and not do well my first semester), I ended up changing it, which may have been unwise, but I changed it to something I still had a love and not what they kept trying to push me to do (i.e. medicine, law; all great fields, but just not of interest to me). But yea, I sort of ended up in this career path as a result of that.

This post has been edited by macosxnerd101: 11 July 2015 - 01:49 PM
Reason for edit:: No need to quote large posts

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

View Postv31l0fm4y4_m4tr14rch, on 11 July 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

I've sometimes wondered that myself. Haha! I've always had an interest in coding, so I know it's something I would want to do as a career. But I also really love music, ... But yea, I sort of ended up in this career path as a result of that.

*sigh* Ohh well man... You know, parents are not bad. However, they oftentimes do well intentioned but unwise things believing it's for the best. You did the right thing. If you were going to fail because of that much stress, then it was better to accommodate. However, I'd advise you to keep your options open. You're still young and you can continue to pursue education on audio engineering and maybe a future career on it once you're living on your own. You may even be able to open your own business if you are passionate enough. However, coding it is for now. Best luck to you!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1