0 Replies - 197 Views - Last Post: 18 June 2015 - 09:59 AM Rate Topic: -----

#1 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

[link] IEEE CIG 2015 StarCraft AI Competition

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:59 AM

A nifty post came across my feed about a Starcraft AI challenge from the IEEE CIG 2015. It's nice to see Blizzard giving consent for this.. It also looks like the winners are school groups so probably not something an individual can tackle.. though, if properly motivated between now and the middle of July.

Has anyone ever done one of these? I might see if I have a copy of broodwars in the back of my closet and poke at the API. It might be kinda fun as a group activity.. though I also saw a group using AI to build a Mario 1 bot.. Another great test/analyze/rework project.

The competition will use StarCraft Brood War 1.16.1. You must possess a legal copy of the game.

Bots for StarCraft shall use the Broodwar API, which provides hooks into StarCraft and enables the development of custom AI for StarCraft. Interfaces in many languages are available to query the current state of the game and issue orders to units.

Game type is 1 vs.1 full game StarCraft: BroodWar 1.16.1 with fog-of-war enabled
Bots will be run in a native Windows 7 environment.
Using BWAPI which is 3.7.4 as well as the newest version released before June, 2014, which will be 4.X
Time limit is 86400 frames (60min). After that time, In-game score will be used to determine the winner
Full Round-robin tournament, with as many rounds as possible. If participants are increased, we will execute a qualifying round.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1