Teaching ... ?

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 154 Views - Last Post: 01 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Teaching ... ?

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hey ... I saw recently a topic about a father who wanted his son to be an IT professional like him but his son felt a bit struggling and abandoned that art called Programming in his 15 ... but after a while, when he graduated from High School he was interested in IT ... so it motivated me to write this thread .

You can find the post here :

So I'm 16 ... my father is a tile builder (the man who sets the tile in your home I just don't know the job in english) and my mother is dressmaker ... so no one from my parents have nothing to do with Science that has to do with computer technology .
But my big brother was the one who motivated me to the way of IT Science .

Well he didn't exactly give me any advices, to be fair he gave me Nothing ... every time I asked him something he didn't answer me and he ignored me (terrible way to behave to your brother :P/>/> ) I was 10 when I started asking questions but the seek for the answer to my questions that my brother never answered was the motivation of mine ...

So WHY Did I name this thread "Teaching" ??

It's because many people, the majority of 90% does not understand that to teach someone something, he has to have motivation, and if he doesn't already have motivation you have to make him have not with answering things to him, but to ignore him like my brother did .
Well I don't mean ignore-ignore him because you'll make him feel angry lately, but to make him understand that you won't tell him and that he has to search alone if he really wants to find an answer .

Why ? If you give him pure answers he won't seek for them anyway ! BUT if you won't give him answers, he will have to search, and while he is searching he may find something more interesting than the answer you would give and other details that require more research upon his new questions ! So he is feeding more & more knowledge to himself than you would ever feed him !

And giving pure answers is ABSOLUTELY BORING ! You won't give him motivation and you'll make him fend off ! Because he does nothing while he listens to you, and it's so fast knowledge that he doesn't even manages to swallow it and enjoy this new knowledge .

One person has to learn to search alone, not asking and asking and asking people, but himself ... if he does that then he will be lazy and won't know what "Enjoyment of Research" means . Because when you find something by your own your dopamine levels are fucking (sorry) high ! There are some mathematical problems about the universe & earth that are very simple, but if you find out their answers by your own without no one having to tell you the answer, you'll be filled with pleasure !

The same thing with Public or Private Schools, they don't give you motivation and they think that the student who does not study is Stupid ... what the heck ? He is not stupid and he has his reasons he doesn't want to Study !
He has a brain that leads him with chemicals, and boring is a feeling to protect yourself from doing something useless, it is not something you can control ! Teachers have to understand that they can't blame students for boredom ! THEY have to give him motivation, it's their JOB to do that ... but not only by answering to questions, but giving more questions ...

--

To be clear, sometimes answering a question is a need, but most of the times it's not but we think it is ...

This post has been edited by general656: 01 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Teaching ... ?

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Teaching ... ?

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:43 PM

I think you probably wasted a bunch of time just to say the age old adage "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Still not sure how this is all really relevant to life on campus or being a student. Plus the grammar is a bit awkward. My guess it is because English is not your first language.

So thanks for this???
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:53 PM

View PostMartyr2, on 01 July 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

I think you probably wasted a bunch of time just to say the age old adage "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Still not sure how this is all really relevant to life on campus or being a student. Plus the grammar is a bit awkward. My guess it is because English is not your first language.

So thanks for this???

1. Yes but it's just a riddle . I explained the riddle so everyone can understand exactly what it means and its purpose . "thanks for this" ? Yes thanks for this because as you saw the father on the other post did not understand that so he made his son abandon IT studying when he was 15 years old .

2. Yep, but if you could explain where I was mistaken with my grammar so I could correct it, it would be niiice ... :D thanks for the response though :lol:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

Post after the lock, but I wanted to point out that:

I explained the riddle so everyone can understand exactly what it means and its purpose

flies in the face of your entire post.. you know where you explain that just giving answers to someone is bad..

If you give him pure answers he won't seek for them anyway ! BUT if you won't give him answers, he will have to search, a

Das ist alles.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1