2 Replies - 364 Views - Last Post: 07 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

First programming job after college

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

Hello my name is Anthony i recently graduated from the University of Phoenix with my bachelors in software engineering. After months of failed attempts at getting a entry level opportunity a company called Syn-tel software inc has offered me a position as a entry level software engineer programming in C++ and Java. My question is what should a new grad expect in the real world of professional programming within the first couple of years. I know its going to be extremely tough since the only experience i have is programming on my own time teaching my self the core disciplines of programming along with my schooling.

As experienced developers as yourselves any much needed professional advise for a new grad as myself would be most grateful and appreciated any trails and tribulations when you started what is the real world like with the art of programming.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: First programming job after college

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: First programming job after college

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:46 AM

Hello everyone i recently got a entry level software developer position at Syntel. ive done my research about the company and looks good and advanced the company has been around for a long time since 1980 i believe. Is there anyone who is employed by this company with much needed insight how their training and placement process works. I know i am going away for 3 months for Java and C++ training and i am going to be stationed at Woodland hills to start my career. If there is anyone who works there can let me know on how the company works and deals with their employees on a daily especially their engineers.

Thank you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: First programming job after college

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

*Merged related threads*
Was This Post Helpful? 0