resetting BIOS password

• (2 Pages)
  • +

15 Replies - 1676 Views - Last Post: 28 July 2015 - 02:39 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

resetting BIOS password

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:37 PM

i am not sure if it is the bios or third party stuff mostly bios screen as far as i know is blue.the model of the laptop is toshiba satellite C50-A-1JR. i have tried to reset by removing the CMOS no luck on that trick and it is my friends laptop he was trolling in the BIOS last time and he belived it would be cool to have extra password other than the OS and it turns out he created a useless laptop.

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: resetting BIOS password

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: resetting BIOS password

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:55 PM

i have tried to reset by removing the CMOS no luck

Was the main battery out? Was it unplugged from the wall? How long did you wait?

and it turns out he created a useless laptop.

Hmmm.. yes.. the old "friend".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

yes i did all the things no battery, hard drive ,ram, unpluged and for over 10 minutes i think it will be enough to shrugoff all the electrones remaning in the system.

This post has been edited by ragmar: 24 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:40 PM

I typically roll 20-30. Capacitors are funny that way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

modi123_1 thanks for the advice see you around but i have been googling lately and this kind of tricks wont work for newer models of laptops and i will try to see how funny they are after couple of hours.

This post has been edited by ragmar: 24 July 2015 - 11:09 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:01 AM

If it is a laptop & this truly is a BIOS issue, you're going to have to do some hunting. The battery in a laptop has nothing to do with low-level power to supply BIOS / CMOS. Sometimes you can find the information you need, other times not. Please ONLY attempt if you have 150% ability in your skill set.

That being said, what you need to do is disassemble the laptop, & find the security chip. This is different for every laptop. Please allow me to repeat this, THIS IS DIFFERENT FOR EVERY LAPTOP. Why? To keep people from doing exactly what you are doing. Once you've found the security chip, you need to jumper it. Once it's jumped, you power on the laptop, generally for 10 to 15 seconds, & then power it off. You've now blanked the BIOS values to factory default. Where is this chip on your laptop? I have no idea. But doing this will surely void any warranties that you have & if done incorrectly, destroys your logic board rendering the laptop even more useless than it currently is.

In the old days of 25 pin Parallel ports & 9 pin serial ports, you could get away (generally) with jumping some of these ports. Now, with every piece of hardware under the sun being made into USB, you have to get a dongle from the manufacturer. But good luck getting that, as you have to be an authorized repair center, & I'm sure the thing isn't cheap. I've also only heard of Toshiba having this hardware.

I've done this on about 10 or so laptops, mostly Toshibas, some Dells. It was many years ago, things may have likely changed. It was on units from early P4's to Dual Cores.

While it's frustrating, you must remember that you are trying to do something that the manufacturer has invested a lot of resources in preventing you from doing. So it is possible that you may not find a solution, other than just replacing the hardware.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:43 AM

interesting reply though i have found out that security chips differ from one another in some youtube videos and i have seen xxx chip and a bridge between them in most videos using a flat srew to short circuit between, the Weirdest part is the triple x sign is not on the board i can't even find it in my own laptop. Is it possible to find the security chip by multimeter on the logic gate?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

View Postragmar, on 25 July 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

Is it possible to find the security chip by multimeter on the logic gate?

I'm not entirely sure as I'm not that good with electronics. The chip will no doubt be data, & not power. So you would use the setting that tests for flow, or whatever. Discovery is over my head. I only followed known-working techniques.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:41 PM

Let's back up - have you called Toshiba's customer support?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:08 AM

modi123_1 i can't because the operator says that they have not paid there bill and the line has been cut off, no my bad it is only mostly of geographical reasons, thanks though. no2pencil i will talk to some guys that claim to know maintenance
and stuff. thank you guys for your time very much.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

i can't because the operator says that they have not paid there bill and the line has been cut off

I am unclear what you are referring to. The Toshiba laptop customer service number works fine. Sure you may pay a few bucks for their time, but they would be able to walk you through the correct way to reset the bios on their laptop.

Though, of course, if the laptop is all sorts of Buster Poindexter I can see why you wouldn't go the direct route.

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

please don't feel so hot, i have already meantioned the geographical reason i am for sure in a place where they don't have a customer care service plus i might contact them through our only mobile carrier based on your suggestion how do you suppose i pay them their "few bucks" not to meantion there is no paypal here. i feel like i am offended with your 'FEELING HOT HOT HOT' upload and

Though, of course, if the laptop is all sorts of Buster Poindexter I can see
why you wouldn't go the direct
route.
and i would like to be judged again and please.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

I am not sure what this cryptic 'geographical reason' is, but honestly that post was confusing with the lack of periods and such. I was having a hard time trying to determine where one statement is versus another.

As it is - I will tap out of this conversation because I have zero ways to verify the laptop is actually yours and I am getting an odd vibe.

Toodles.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:48 PM

yeah you are right, as i have mentioned it is not mine it is my friends. Just like i'm bothering you i am being bothered by him to do something that i am not capable of doing (only refering me) .
for the record am using an android device with tiny screen i am not amazed if you don't understand what i have posted i am also experiencing pretty bad time for reading and writting. Thanks any way for your time, it is an honor for me to see a legend tapping out.

Ciao and good night if you are on the same geographical location as i am.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

There are few options here :
1 ) Call Toshiba tech support, they won't help you because there isn't an end user designed way to handle the situation
2 ) Try to reset it yourself by jumpering the pins (if that's a technical possibility with this unit), possibly destroying the logic board
3 ) Replace the logic board with a similar model
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +