3 Replies - 1341 Views - Last Post: 04 August 2015 - 05:48 AM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Technical Architect interview

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

Hi all,

I have an interview tomorrow for a Software Technical Architect role. This is an internal-only promotion opportunity and I don't for a minute think that my company thinks about software in a mature enough way to ask the most pertinent questions - I have a pretty good idea the kind of things I'm going to be asked. I just wondered if any of you guys have had roles like this and/or interviewed for them before? What were you asked? More importantly, if you were hiring for the role with the experience and knowledge you have now, what questions would you ask and what qualities would you be looking for?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Technical Architect interview

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Technical Architect interview

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

Q: "How do you plan on staying in touch with the current needs and constraints of our in-house development community?"

Or in other words, how to you make sure that your plans will layout a roadmap for future growth, but still account for the fact that 70% or more of the in-house systems are still running on Windows Server 2003 and .NET Framework 2.0 and have accumulated 5-10 man years of technical debt?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:34 AM

Interestingly, I was asked a very similar question, but more specific to my company. I laid down a long-term vision for the integration of multiple systems onto the same platform and the way that would shape and be shaped by the team. Anyway all the platitudes must have worked because I was given the promotion. I can't help wondering what would have happened if this was a dedicated software house with experienced developers interviewing me.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:48 AM

Congratulations!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -