0 Replies - 956 Views - Last Post: 16 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

Poll: Abelstro (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you be interested in building a program to play a game against another program

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Probably (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Not sure (0 votes [0.00%])

4. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Having seem the website - abelstro.esy.es - would you take the time to write some code and give it a try

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

2. Probably (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Not sure (0 votes [0.00%])

4. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Website review: Abelstro - The game computers play

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

I decided to look for a programming challenge that was targeted at the solution rather than means. So my idea is a to challenge programmers to write a program that can play a game called Abelstro. The interface is simple - call a webpage with a simple url and the response comes back as plain text. All of the data is in json format so its easy to build a url message and to extract the content from the response.

Its not sophisticated but as I said, the key is to make the method easy so I could focus on the solution - the website - and the same for any programmers that want to take up the challenge. I want them to be focused on game play strategies rather than how to interact with the web site.

The game is quite simple too but at the moment I just want to see if people are interested in the concept of a game for computers play (rather than for people to play).

Ideally programs will play against one another but I've also built in a way to play against my program which is built into the website.

The website is Abelstro. It's a WordPress site so that its easy to leave feedback and their are full and (I hope) easy to understand instructions on how to play. I would welcome your opinion either here or on the site.

Thank you for reading.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1