7 Replies - 1496 Views - Last Post: 26 August 2017 - 04:50 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Sublime Text cant find plugins

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

I just wiped my computer and am in the process of reinstalling my software. The only hitch I have left is that I can't for the life of me get ST to install the FTP plugin.

I've tried everything I can think of but it just wont work. I have the package control installed but no other plugins show up in the menu to be downloaded.

I'm hoping someone here will have experience with this as I posted in the ST forums and right after I did Murphys Law took a hammer to it and now their forums wont load.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Sublime Text cant find plugins

• lashings of ginger beer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Sublime Text cant find plugins

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:28 AM

Are you saying that when you go to Preferences, Package Control, and Install (or List) it doesn't discover anything, or just that particular plug-in?

As you've only recently re-installed, you might un-install everything, install ST then Package Control. Check the console for errors, particularly after just re-starting ST. You can use Ctrl backtick ` (or Ctrl apostrophe ').

Problems with ST plug-ins are nearly always as a result of a conflict with other plug-in(s). You might discover this by installing ST, Package Control, and then just the FTP plug-in. If this works then it strongly suggests a conflict with some other plug-in/package. The most likely candidate(s) are plug-ins that perform a similar function.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

The only thing I have installed on it so far is the Package Control. After which I hit ctrl+alt+P and type in things to search for the plugins I want and nothing comes up.

I will uninstall it again and reinstall it and check the console and see what it says thought.

Ok just did it and this is the result:

">>> import urllib2,os,hashlib; h = 'eb2297e1a458f27d836c04bb0cbaf282' + 'd0e7a3098092775ccb37ca9d6b2e4b7d'; pf = 'Package Control.sublime-package'; ipp = sublime.installed_packages_path(); os.makedirs( ipp ) if not os.path.exists(ipp) else None; urllib2.install_opener( urllib2.build_opener( urllib2.ProxyHandler()) ); by = urllib2.urlopen( 'http://packagecontrol.io/' + pf.replace(' ', '%20')).read(); dh = hashlib.sha256(by).hexdigest(); open( os.path.join( ipp, pf), 'wb' ).write(by) if dh == h else None; print('Error validating download (got %s instead of %s), please try manual install' % (dh, h) if dh != h else 'Please restart Sublime Text to finish installation')
Please restart Sublime Text to finish installation"

So, like it said, I tried the manual install and restarted. Still not getting any search results.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

Maybe you've done this, but visit the plug-in's GitHub and see if there are any reported issues.

Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:01 PM

Thanks man, I did try. I appreciate you trying :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:06 PM

One last thing to mention, are you using ST3 and is the plug-in stated as being compatible with ST3?

Sorry I cannot help further.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

Its ST3 and the plugin says it works with both.

No worries man, you can only do what you can do. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:50 AM

thanks, i need information about it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1