2 Replies - 3130 Views - Last Post: 28 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Carbonite APM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

I don't typically publish vendor news, but as I was researching this vendor I thought this was an interesting story
http://stackify.com/...nce-management/
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Carbonite APM

• I wrote you an code
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Carbonite APM

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:27 AM

Generally we want to have some conversation started around posted links, images, or videos... so why did you find that story interesting? It sounds like pretty typical news: "Company adopts platform."
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Carbonite APM

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

View Postxclite, on 27 August 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

Generally we want to have some conversation started around posted links, images, or videos... so why did you find that story interesting? It sounds like pretty typical news: "Company adopts platform."

It is, but they gave a lot more developers oriented info, actually what got me to that release was the maybe more interesting interview of Carbonite's lead developer in DotNetRocks https://www.dotnetro...px?showNum=1153
like "yep we were using Log4Net and I got aside between a bunch of our different applications. It was filling up our inboxes or taking up massive mounts of disc space and we just couldnít really get any real value out of it other than seeing that we have a bunch of log files or emails somewhere. So having the aggregation really made it easy to kind of prioritize what was most important, what we needed to pick off first and that combined with the streaming logs, every time we do an appointment now you know all kind of setback and watch the application see how itís behaving for 30 or 45 minutes after deployment and it just made me feel so much more comfortable when we make a production change." (copied from the Stackify's extract of the interview - in their blog)

So just more info than your typical vendor announcement from a real developer and not some C level exec.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1