4 Replies - 147 Views - Last Post: 29 August 2015 - 07:21 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Network Programming

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

Hello everyone,

So, I have been given a programming assignment. More specifically to write a network application that uses process to process communication. I want a few ideas. I want to make an application that can go into my CV and when I go to an interview it must stand out/carry weight.

P.S. : I could not find a more appropriate place to post this.

Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Network Programming

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Network Programming

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:17 AM

Have you checked the project ideas list?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:46 AM

I believe the most popular (if we speak about socket programming) are various chat projects. In simple form you can make it peer-to-peer. More elaborate version will have a server and allow creating chat rooms. Anyway you will see the tons of examples on web.

that can go into my CV and when I go to an interview it must stand out/carry weight

It would be good to upload anything you will do to github, however do not expect that application for which you have no idea right now will help much your CV. Employers are not usually affected by stuff which you have written by ready idea just like exercise. However if you will add some your own ideas into any basic project you will try to implement - then you usually will have enough thoughts to talk about when you get to interview. I'm sorry for being bit vague here :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:30 AM

I was thinking about a two player tic tac toe game but wait, here is the deal. I will scale it upto 3 X 3. There will be 9 squares. Each having a tic tac toe and you win if you can get max wins diagonally/straight. No saving of history and stuff. You open the app, I open the app and a new game starts. Whatever info is to be stored during gameplay gets stored in static objects. As soon as the game gets over it will promt for "new game" or "exit".
How does that sound to you?

Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:21 AM

How does that sound to you?

Not too bad. By the way if you google you will see this is also a popular project :)

But you can substitute Tic-Tac-Toe with any other similar game if you want to make it look bit different. I believe Connect Four will do in just the same manner.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1