5 Replies - 1831 Views - Last Post: 02 September 2015 - 12:02 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

CFinput (radio button) in Spanish

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

My survey has been translated for spanish and portuguese, how do I change the radio button from Yes to Sí?

<td width="54" nowrap>Yes&nbsp;
<cfinput name="q1" type="radio" value="Yes" checked="#qStat.chkYes#" required="yes" label="Yes"
message="You must select 'Yes' or 'No'." >
</td>
<td width="57" valign="top" nowrap>No&nbsp;
<cfinput name="q1" type="radio" value="no" checked="#qStat.chkNo#" required="yes" label="No"
message="You must select 'Yes' or 'No'." >
</td>

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: CFinput (radio button) in Spanish

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: CFinput (radio button) in Spanish

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

One would think that you would replace the 'yes' with 'si' in the display and value bits.

Edited because even this answer is too much.

This post has been edited by Craig328: 02 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

Welcome to DIC, dejax0217.

So, as a general rule, we're happy to help you with coding questions given that you:
1./ explain your situation clearly and
2./ explain what you've tried so far

In this case, all you've done is post up some code and ask us to do your task for you. In all honesty, the question you ask is vague (do you mean the form control's label or do you mean the value that it passes?) but regardless of either, you can't possibly have even tried a solution before cutting and pasting the issue here because the solution would require perhaps 1 or 2 attempts by even a novice coder to get the correct answer...and it would appear you've done neither.

Take a few minutes, tinker with what you have and see what your tinkering does. Seriously man, this is literally the simplest, easiest question I think I've fielded in this forum in like 3 years. You need to put at least an atom of effort into this before you ask someone else to do it for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

Yes, but value="Sí" does not change it and value="S&iacute;" presents an error.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

Thank you Craig328 for your comment, but your statement is not true. I am a beginner, but never mind I'll figure it out on my own.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:02 PM

Well, you're welcome to your opinion, of course. However, I've been coding applications in CF for going on 17 years now and have mentored literally dozens of CF devs so, no, I've seen what you're doing more times than I can count and you're being lazy.

Since you're a beginner I'll suggest that unless you're working directly on a production server (you shouldn't be) your best bet is to copy that code snippet, comment it out (hope you know how to do that in CF) paste it back in and mess with the copy until you figure it out. I'm not an unhelpful man, however, and am sympathetic to beginners so I'll give you this as an initial guide: CFINPUT attributes and examples.

Free hint: I suspect your issue isn't the cfinput tag at all. There is other stuff in your code snippet that's not CF.

Also, feel free to avail yourself of our resources thread. It is dated so if you run into a broken link, please comment on it and it'll be updated or removed.

Give a few solutions a try. Good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1