1 Replies - 2545 Views - Last Post: 18 September 2015 - 08:50 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Copy and paste a list of values within a form field

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:17 AM

Is there script or plugin that I can use to where a user can copy and paste a list of values from say one column of an excel document and paste them in a form field. Then once the user clicks submit Iíll be able to take each individual value and inner join them with a cfquery and display each result on another page?

thanks in advanced
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Copy and paste a list of values within a form field

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Copy and paste a list of values within a form field

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:50 AM

View Postdemeritrious, on 18 September 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Is there script or plugin that...magically does a bunch of work

No. There isn't.

What you have described can be done but no, there isn't a "no sweat" easy peasy lazy solution to recreate complex functionality like you're asking for. This is why developers exist.

Listen, this is the second time you've come here looking for someone or something to do your work for you. Coldfusion is a relatively easy language to learn. It's powerful and is probably the quickest tech route from concept to finish product that's ever been devised. Rather than seek the literally laziest of solutions, why not simply pick up a book, spend a few days doing trial and error coding...and learn how to do this yourself?

It's entirely okay to look to see if someone else has built a solution to a problem you're having but the way you asked your question here makes clear you have no idea what you're talking about and since your last visit it's equally clear you're not interested in doing any of this sort of thing yourself.

So, to answer your question: no, there isn't a script or plugin. You build that script or write that process yourself. It's called "work" and it's been proven time and again to be harmless and non life threatening. Give it a try.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1