3 Replies - 1274 Views - Last Post: 19 September 2015 - 08:04 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wireless File Transfer For HTC M8

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:42 PM

I want to creating something, so that when I get home, and my phone connects automatically to the wifi, that my phone connects to my computer too. I would also like it be able to open the HTC Sync Manager (the program used to sync media/data, to my phone) and have the program automatically detect my phone (act as if my phone is plugged in via USB). Not wanting to download an already created 'Wireless file transfer' app. Nothing like what I want, "out there".

The 'HTC Sync Manager' has a fault. Its pretty known to be a problem. What happens is, the 'Sync Manager' will detect the phone, open, and give me options to delete/add content. But about 30 second's later, it "loses connection" with the phone, rendering the program useless, not allowing me to do anything (because it acts as if there is no phone connected). Then it will detect the phone again. It loops this process until I just give up.
Some people (including myself in the beginning) think that its the USB cable. After some research (reading online and coming to conclusion after buying multiple USB cables), I found that it's actually the program itself, AND the USB cable. Both are at fault. For how the cable is designed, and how the program is designed, they initially have a problem, where there is a latency of data going back and forth (making the program think the phone is disconnected) this though, is actually my theory.

Either way, whether I'm wrong or right, I would love to create this program. It would be a lot of fun, and I would learn a lot, since I'am new to programming. I would just like if someone could help me out....possibly give me some directions to what I should do/use.

RECAP of program's responsibility:
-Detects phone through wifi
-Automatically connects the phone to computer after it's detected through wifi.
-Causes 'HTC Sync Manager' to detect the phone, and act as if phone is connected via USB.

I know I was very specific, and a bit confusing, but if you got the gist of what I was saying, PLEASE....anything helps. I would just like to create this program or "thing".....so.....hit me with some idea's, advice, information, etc.

thanks

P.S.
I'm adding some picture's of the 'HTC Sync Manager' of what is looks like when the phone IS connected, and when its NOT connected.

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image
  • Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wireless File Transfer For HTC M8

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Wireless File Transfer For HTC M8

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:29 PM

open the HTC Sync Manager (the program used to sync media/data, to my phone) and have the program automatically detect my phone (act as if my phone is plugged in via USB)

Does this app have any wifi ability? If it relies on a usb connection then you are sunk using this as a vector.

For the most part you'll need to get an existing app to get this done.. that shouldn't be a problem unless you think you want this to be a fairly silent process.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:41 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 18 September 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

open the HTC Sync Manager (the program used to sync media/data, to my phone) and have the program automatically detect my phone (act as if my phone is plugged in via USB)

Does this app have any wifi ability? If it relies on a usb connection then you are sunk using this as a vector.

No. The program doesnt have any wifi ability. And since I'm a newb, what do you mean by, "using this as a vector"?
Thank you though for your input!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:04 AM

Simply - you are not going to be able to make the program fake a usb connection over a network or with wifi.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1