6 Replies - 895 Views - Last Post: 26 November 2007 - 10:40 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

any 1 help me out

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:21 PM

this is my coursework i hav to submitt by 2mrw so plzzz can any help me out fr the coding part plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Database Specification:
The objective of this coursework is to design and implement a recipe database that contains 5 recipes as
follows:

Posted Image

This data is to be stored in three object tables: dessert_table, ingredient_table and unit_table.
The unit_table holds the following data: 'g', 'cup', ' '. (The last one in the list is a single character space for
unit-less items, such as an egg.)
The ingredient_table holds the name of the ingredient ('sugar', 'flour', 'butter', 'eggs', 'apples', 'walnuts',
'banana', 'oranges', 'milk') and a reference to the unit that is used with the ingredient. (a) Sugar, flour and
butter have ‘g’ as unit; (B) walnuts and milk have ‘cup’ as a unit; © Eggs, bananas, apples, and oranges have
' ' as a unit.
The dessert_table holds the name of the dessert ('cake', 'apple cake', 'walnut cake', 'fruit salad' and 'fudge')
and a nested table of two columns: the name of the ingredient ('sugar' etc) and the multiplier (225, etc).
Instructions
1. Create the types and tables required to store the recipes. The three tables must be object tables. They must
have primary keys. There must be no other tables apart from these three in the database. Any number of
object types can be used. [20 points]
2. Write a sequence of insert statements that, if executed, will populate the database with the 5 recipes shown
above (no other data should be included). [20 points]
3. Write a sequence of drop statements that, if executed one after the other, deletes all of the tables and types
used in this database. [10 points]
4. Write SQL statements to answer the following questions. Each statement should use as few tables as
possible. The output should be de-nested and de-referenced.
A. List the names of desserts which use the same amount of sugar as a 'cake'. Your query should output
'walnut cake'. [15 points]
B. List the names of desserts which use the same number of ingredients as a 'fruit salad'. Your query
should output 'cake' and 'apple cake' given that all three desserts use 4 ingredients. [15 points]
5. Write a PL/SQL stored procedure that, given the name of a dessert, produces its recipe (ingredients, units
and quantity). Write an anonymous PL/SQL block to display the recipe of a 'cake'. [20 points]

plzzzzzzzz any help me with the codin part

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: any 1 help me out

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: any 1 help me out

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

Please read the rules. We won't do your homework for you and you have to show us what you've done so far.

So, show us the code you have so far and tell us where you're stuck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

im srry man bt i dnt hav any idea at all in oracle ............dats y im askin u guys me 2 hlep n i dnt have much time left wit me..........
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:38 PM

If this is coursework, then you should already have a general idea on how to build tables. Otherwise you would not have been given the assignment to begin with.

Do you understand how to use Select and Insert statements in SQL?

Show us what you have completed so far and we will help you were you need it. But as was previously stated we will not do it for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:46 PM

dats wat im sayin i dnt knw anythin at allll..........
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:56 PM

Check out this web site:

http://www.w3schools.com/

Lots of good info there on SQL
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +