• (2 Pages)
  • +

22 Replies - 2036 Views - Last Post: 17 June 2002 - 01:55 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Wade Music

Posted 11 June 2002 - 06:11 PM

Wade Music

Please gimme your comments. It is a website for my mate's unsigned band. Try the tunes out too. This is my first published site, and I use MS Frontpage. I am a total amateur (as if it aint obvious!!).

Comments appreciated - unless they're mean !!

Thanks

MINCE
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Wade Music

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Wade Music

Posted 11 June 2002 - 07:33 PM

ummm, first off you cant use IBF code on a title , and please make your footer 300 X 40 or less , as forr the site , needs a nicer look and more content , but its a start
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2002 - 07:38 PM

Thanks for looking dude.

Oh well, here goes... ready for laughs...

What is IBF code ???

And any reason for the footer size recommendation ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2002 - 07:43 PM

The [*URL=site]This is my site[/URL] code that you put in the title of this thread... And footers are recommended at 300,40 as they don't take up too much room and smaller than 15k so that poeple don't have to wait days for them to load...

BTW: Welcome to dream.in.code

Cheers Sam
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2002 - 08:04 PM

mincecfc, on Jun 11 2002, 07:11 PM, said:

Comments appreciated - unless they're mean !!

good job on having a qualifier in with your request...

about the site, i'm on a 56k line and it took a couple minutes to load the graphics

the links those could be made the same font by using the <blockquote> tag and you could put those lines above them by using <hr> tags, if you did that the site would load maybe a little faster and it eliminates the need for unneeded graphics. there's also some html that will let you change the bg color of a table cell when you roll into it...but if you really want to keep those graphics, i'd pre-load them in the header that way we don't have to wait for them to load to see the rollover

it's really hard to read who did the photography (i only know what it said because i changed my browser to read as largest) and i'd put that copyright below the photos

and it's really difficult to read your name, where it says website by if you want more business i'd make that a tad bit more readable...

on the photos page, the bottom row of photos are blurred but the top ones are really nice, that might be something you want to adjust, the bottom row that is....

i hope i didn't rip up your site to bad....to leave on a good note, your color scheme is good :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2002 - 08:19 PM

fyrestorm, on Jun 11 2002, 09:04 PM, said:

the links those could be made the same font by using the <blockquote> tag and you could put those lines above them by using <hr> tags, if you did that the site would load maybe a little faster and it eliminates the need for unneeded graphics. there's also some html that will let you change the bg color of a table cell when you roll into it...but if you really want to keep those graphics, i'd pre-load them in the header that way we don't have to wait for them to load to see the rollover

and it's really difficult to read your name, where it says website by if you want more business i'd make that a tad bit more readable...

Thanks dude - I will be attempting to address the points raised soon. I am especially interested in making the links without graphics, but with the same look as they currently have. Now all I have to do is decipher your techy spiel !!

The logo is not staying, and anyway, surely I have a cheek trying to sell this dung !!

Still, I'm a chancer!!

MINCE
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• w3c fanatic

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2002 - 10:41 PM

For the links without images try http://home.earthlin...ials/rollovers/ A few bugs need to be worked out but, it's a good start.

[comment]close shameless plug[/comment] :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Post icon  Posted 11 June 2002 - 10:50 PM

^^ Fifty lashings for the shameless plug

As for the site, it isn't too bad, but it isn't too good. Like fyrestorm said you need to get those images down in sizy they are just way to big and I don't think many people will sit and wait for them to load... Also the brown will work but you might want to add another shade in there to liven things up a bit, it is just too monotone...

Rating: 5.7/10 (not horrable, not wonderful) room for improvement...

Cheers Sam
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2002 - 11:46 AM

very plain, but functional <_< could use some tweaking: like theres one part of the page with a weird font that's hard to read. the pics are good, just needs a bit of rethinking.

-pete
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2002 - 12:23 PM

here's an example of the rollover, of course it can be tweaked to fit your needs, it doesn't take care of the links changing colors when you rollover them, but i can get that for you when i get home tonight...

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Untitled</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<table width=100 height=100 cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' border=1 bordercolor='black'>
<tr>
<td style="background:#FFD97E;" 
    onmouseout="this.style.background='#FFD97E';"                 onmouseover="this.style.background='black';">one</td> 
</tr>
<tr>
    onmouseout="this.style.background='#FFD97E';"             onmouseover="this.style.background='black';">two</td> 
</tr>
<tr>
    onmouseout="this.style.background='#FFD97E';"         onmouseover="this.style.background='black';">three</td> 
</tr>
<tr>
    onmouseout="this.style.background='#FFD97E';"         onmouseover="this.style.background='black';">four</td> 
</tr>
</table>

</BODY>
</HTML>

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2002 - 01:45 PM

fyrestorm, on Jun 12 2002, 01:23 PM, said:

here's an example of the rollover, of course it can be tweaked to fit your needs, it doesn't take care of the links changing colors when you rollover them, but i can get that for you when i get home tonight...

Fyrestorm dude

That's very good of you mate, thanks so much. I promise that I will not just take the code, but I will try to understand it too. Thanks again - I take it you will post it up here ?

Anyone got any other comments ? It was meant to be plain !

MINCE
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2002 - 09:42 AM

ok, here we go, something that might help you....

take a look at this

it's the source code for a nav bar, then click on the file name where it says source of, and that will let you take a look at the actual thing...i'm hoping that this will give you what you want and need....

if you have any questions, just ask :pirate:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2002 - 10:59 AM

Fyrestorm

I can't believe you did all that for me ! I kinda expected to have to do some work here ! Wow, I can't believe how friendly people are in here, it's such a breath of fresh air. Thanks again mate. I will look into adding that over the next few weeks, as I am also gonna think about the site's look a bit. Maybe try to spice it up a touch. Any tips on how to get the images smaller? I use MS Frontpage and JASC PaintShopPro (neither very well!)

Thanks very much again !

MINCE
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2002 - 11:01 AM

np man, it didn't take long to throw it together....

about the images, i'm not familiar with either of the programs that you use, so i can't help you there...sorry...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2002 - 11:12 AM

I think I need to do some reading...about cascading style sheets and the like (I dont have a clue about them)...also might want to start a newsletter for the band, so I'll need to add a submit e-mail address form of some sort.

Anyone tried the tunes ? I think they are quality !
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +