Tell me what you think

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 1284 Views - Last Post: 11 June 2002 - 11:40 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

My First Site

Posted 11 June 2002 - 08:21 PM

Ok I am only a few hours into the work of the site, and there's not much to show for it. But mind you it is my first few hours! :) It's not done, by far but i was just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of feed back on the lay out. Possibly ideas and what not, thats what this is for at least. :)

Vextor.com

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My First Site

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: My First Site

Posted 11 June 2002 - 08:29 PM

Not sure of the colours dude, but apart from that its ok.

Especially given you've been at this for 2 days.

MINCE
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Post icon  Posted 11 June 2002 - 08:35 PM

<_<

i believe that this is your first site ever... its definately not good, however... if that is truly the product of your "first few hours", then just start learning more, sammy, cause you are the fastest learner i've ever seen.

you, sir.. could be the NEXT BILL BUSSEY!!! just think of the possibilities.. :rolleyes:

hah, like i have any room to talk.

-
funky
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2002 - 08:51 PM

Well, blunt but informative :) I like it better that way anyway. thanks for the information. As a matter of fact it is only my first few hours of work. I started yesterday evening and ran through the dreamweaver tutorial. Then started playin around with things. I eventually got organized and started that page... Any tips on the layout or where i could get some buttons lol. I can't make my own they come out all crappy
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• You wish you were my hand!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2002 - 09:12 PM

hey. i think its good for a first try, you should have seen my first try. the colors on your site are alittle hard to read, im not a fan of blue on black. what about making the BG black and the tables white, i think it might look good with the grediant too...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Post icon  Posted 11 June 2002 - 10:21 PM

i actually kinda liked the buttons on the games page. they looked cheesy at first glance.. but then i kinda got hypnotized by them for a second.. it was cool. i don't know if that makes them good, but i had fun.

-funky
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2002 - 11:40 PM

nice start at webdesign.

the first thing i would do is change the blue and black...
i dont want to come off sounding mean but those colors are horrid together... i cant read the text unless i highlight it ... :)

next... your gonna want to put a link to the homepage from the gamepages and all the other individual pages you have on there. that way someone can start over going through your site whenever they want.

the buttons... your gonna want to learn how to make your own so go download something like adobe photoshop trial... and use that for a while... and if u like it buy it. BUT . i wouldnt suggest doing that right now because you need to get some page design stuff going on so focus on that for now...

http://www.webgfx.ch/startwebgfx.html
go there to make your own buttons... click on web-o-mat. third down on the far left. your gonna have to sign up but its all free and u can get some pretty cool buttons i guess...

the rest is pretty much playing around in dweaver. what i do want to let u know though is you dont want to do ONLY dreamweaver work. go buy learn html in 24 hours, or html for dummies or something like that and do the book front to back in notepad. whenever u finish that... haha. and understand it... then go ahead and start using dweaver. what established designers , (not me), and partial designers (me) hate is web sites made completely out of frontpage or dweaver with no previous knowledge of html or design @ all.

(when i say read the books front and back.. .thats bs, who actually does that? but get a good handle on what you are doing before you start designing.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1