4 Replies - 640 Views - Last Post: 03 November 2015 - 01:31 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

should i use angularjs and php for my web project?

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:49 AM

I am new to web development and i am trying to learn html ,js and css .
Now i am planing to make a project of a School management and school website
and i am going to use mysql for database and php for server side and angularjs for front-end.
And i need to include functions like student can see their attendance to related subjects
which courses they are enroll,which teacher are assigned and student personal data, and also my website should also show news related to school and student can login ,and teacher can login too to add attendance etc.

Now what i need suggestion from you guys should i manually make website using html,css and js or go with angularjs because either way i have to learn from scratch and implement it?
and also any good php framework suggestion for this project?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: should i use angularjs and php for my web project?

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: should i use angularjs and php for my web project?

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

Do you already know PHP?

As for AngularJs I would say yeah go for it. If you don't know any Javascript I would recommend getting familiar with it first though.

Are you set on PHP? If you are learning something completely new anyway I would go towards NodeJs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:07 PM

Why would you need a php framework? Basic php would do.

If you do not know basic html, css, and javascript then I would suggest tacking the problem with that versus some html extender like angularjs...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostRyano121, on 02 November 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

Do you already know PHP?

As for AngularJs I would say yeah go for it. If you don't know any Javascript I would recommend getting familiar with it first though.

Are you set on PHP? If you are learning something completely new anyway I would go towards NodeJs.

i know php at beginner level i learn it from w3school, so from your answer i should go with html,css and nodejs for front end ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Enhance Your Calm
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:31 AM

so from your answer i should go with html,css and nodejs for front end ?

Node.JS is server side, not client-side. Essentially a substitution for PHP and whatever HTTP server it runs on. - Understand that there is a lot of bias against PHP among developers (not entirely without reason, but still fairly exaggerated in my opinion) so a lot of people will take every opportunity to steer you to other options.

PHP is a decent option, just as long as you make sure you don't learn from crappy resources, like decades old tutorials. (Anything that shows the "mysql_query" function should be avoided at all costs.) - W3Schools does OK for HTML and CSS, but when it comes to actual programming languages like PHP, it's not the best. Perhaps not so bad as to avoid it entirely, but they definitely have a lot of room for improvement.

As for the use of frameworks, either on the server or client sides, I would have to agree with modi. If you are a beginner with this stuff, they will only complicate matters. Learn to walk before you try to run.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1