5 Replies - 943 Views - Last Post: 22 November 2015 - 03:27 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

oracle log file error

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

service is not getting start and console login but give the error of log file but sql plus is working fine when i connect from sqlplus the database connect and works fine
please help
imp...
i have just oracle installed no other dbms exsist and i installed after formatting my computer but same log file issue i m getting
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: oracle log file error

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: oracle log file error

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:23 AM

oracle login and connect from sqlplus but from the localhost url it does not and give error. oracle service also does not start need help

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image
  • Attached Image

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 November 2015 - 09:56 PM

What operating system, and which version of Oracle? Did you create a database during the install, or just install the software?

You say the Oracle service did not start, but you're showing an image of the DBConsole service. These are two very different services.

Did the OracleServiceORCL service start successfully?

Did the OracleOraDb11g_home1TNSListener service start successfully?

If you're in a Command Prompt, what happens if you enter: ?
> lsnrctl status

If you're in a Command Prompt, what happens if you enter: ?
> sqlplus / as sysdba

If you can connect as sysdba, what is the result of...
SQL> SELECT username, account_status FROM dba_users ORDER BY 1;
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:44 PM

thanks a lot for reply here is the output of the coommands u said me to run but i dnot knw now here is the issue
yeah im sorry its orcale dbc console orcl service not starting. im using 11gR2 and win 7

and can u give some reference about how to learn this admin part of oracle

i installed and configure but its orcl service no getting start sql plus do connect with db but check this now i run oracle configuration assistant but now i got this need really help im unaware about oracle things

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image
  • Attached Image
  • Attached Image

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

There could still be a lot of causes, but I noticed your SYSMAN account is locked. The "LOCKED(TIMED)" status is due to too many access attempts with the wrong password.

Do you know/remember your SYSMAN account password? If you do, just connect as SYSDBA and issue a
ALTER USER SYSMAN ACCOUNT UNLOCK;
command. Otherwise, you'll have to reset the SYSMAN password. You can find how to do this online (good practice to start searching for answers on your own).

The presence of the DBSNMP and SYSMAN accounts mean that OEM (aka DB Control, aka DB Console) was configured.

After your SYSMAN account is dealt with, try reconfiguring the OEM repository. In a command prompt, issue...

emca -deconfig dbcontrol db
emca -config dbcontrol db -repos recreate

If asked for a PORT number, enter 1523 (same as your listener status reported). And be careful when entering passwords for SYS and SYSMAN, you will not see the characters you type...so take care to get the passwords entered exactly right.

Hope this works for you.

There are a great many sources for information on the web, and many good books. Many of the Oracle Press books are pretty good. And there's an enormous free volume of knowledge on the web by Tom Kyte (Google him and find his blogs), and others. However, if you don't plan on being an Oracle database administrator, I wouldn't invest too much time or money in acquiring this knowledge.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:27 AM

Thanks alot for help :) for any query ill post back thnks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1