7 Replies - 2056 Views - Last Post: 18 December 2015 - 04:30 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Freelancing on Elance?

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:58 AM

Hi all. I am freelancing on Elance this is over two months now. My profile id is "Pbsoftsolutions". I have submitted proposel on fourteen projects only of which two jobs are cancelled due to request, six jobs are awarded to another, six jobs are pending response by the job placer.
Just wondering anyone here have had any success on Elance?

Regards
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Freelancing on Elance?

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Freelancing on Elance?

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:16 AM

Success is going to be a number of things, it isn't "yes" the site is, or "no" the site isn't successful. How much are you bidding? Over or under your experience level? Over or under the project budget? What's your experience in comparison to your competition? Does elance have a feedback system? If so, what does yours look like? You have to look at the picture through the project leaders eyes. Would you hire you for this project? Are you providing ample feedback with experience showcased in previous projects? What is your tone in your proposed bids? Are you overly or underly technical? Is it a generic bid? Do you appear to just want the project for a steak dinner?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:19 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 25 November 2015 - 06:16 AM, said:

Success is going to be a number of things, it isn't "yes" the site is, or "no" the site isn't successful. How much are you bidding? Over or under your experience level? Over or under the project budget? What's your experience in comparison to your competition? Does elance have a feedback system? If so, what does yours look like? You have to look at the picture through the project leaders eyes. Would you hire you for this project? Are you providing ample feedback with experience showcased in previous projects? What is your tone in your proposed bids? Are you overly or underly technical? Is it a generic bid? Do you appear to just want the project for a steak dinner?

Do not know these details, it is duty by my manager.

Thank you!

Any help please?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:36 PM

Being a freelancer means wearing all the hats, & not just writing the code. If my previous post does not get you thinking in the right direction, & you are not able to properly evaluate your abilities, value/cost, & seek/sell yourself to projects, then I suggest that freelancing is not for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:40 PM

View Postework, on 26 November 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

Meaning what? You are not actually a freelancer, but are working for a company that bids on projects on the site?

I have tried on freelance sites and gave up. It is not worth my time to bid on a project that would take 2 months to complete, only to be paid pennies. The people looking on sites like that are looking for cheap development and usually get what they pay for, when they get anything at all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

View Postno2pencil, on 25 November 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

Being a freelancer means wearing all the hats, & not just writing the code. If my previous post does not get you thinking in the right direction, & you are not able to properly evaluate your abilities, value/cost, & seek/sell yourself to projects, then I suggest that freelancing is not for you.

I mean to say that this is my duty to work on elance.com that has been given by my Manager.

View Postastonecipher, on 26 November 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

Meaning what? You are not actually a freelancer, but are working for a company that bids on projects on the site?

I have tried on freelance sites and gave up. It is not worth my time to bid on a project that would take 2 months to complete, only to be paid pennies. The people looking on sites like that are looking for cheap development and usually get what they pay for, when they get anything at all.

So what is the solution that you recommend?

Thank You!

View Postno2pencil, on 25 November 2015 - 11:36 PM, said:

I mean to say that this is my duty to work on elance.com that has been given by my Manager to work on company profile. Sorry for misunderstanding.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

So, you are not actually a freelancer, but work for a company that goes after contract work posted on freelance sites.

That is different than a freelancer that by definition, works for themselves.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:30 AM

View Postastonecipher, on 26 November 2015 - 08:40 PM, said:

Well. We are here to talk on freelancing. Never mind though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1