4 Replies - 851 Views - Last Post: 28 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Handling wires

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:08 AM

Hi all,

I have 2 computers (soon 3), and my husband has 1. So, we have a lot of peripherals -- the nest of wires for our mice, keyboards, speakers, and router is massive. We have a somewhat urgent problem, though -- our kitten has decided that her new favorite pastime is chewing on the wires. She's already destroyed one set of speakers, and this morning I caught her chewing on the router cable. Despite our best efforts, we can't break her of this habit. The only way we've been able to control it is to block her from getting to the wires she wants.

When all is said and done, as much of a financial and config inconvenience as it is, we're willing to switch to wireless mice, keyboards, and speakers if necessary. But, that doesn't protect the monitor cords, power cords, etc.

So -- I know that we could, in theory, put our towers, router, and power cords in the closet so the little chomper can't get to them, and switch to wireless peripherals, but that doesn't solve the problem of what to do with monitor cables -- as far as I know, there's no such thing as a wireless monitor.

Does anyone have an idea for how we could handle the monitors, or better yet some kind of hardware config that won't require us to shell out a lot of money on new peripherals? I'd really appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Zel2008

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Handling wires

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Handling wires

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:09 AM

Have you considered loom tubing or other cord cover/organizers?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

Run your cords through PVC, or wire tubing. Not sure what the tube is called, but we ran electrical line under our bathroom sink with it. It's flat on one half, with adhesive, & a slit to run the wire into it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the ideas, how strong is the plastic for those things? Our little firecracker can chew her way through just about anything.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

Truthfully, our cats (3 bengals & an orange tabby) don't bother those wires. For the favorites & as an alternative, we use bitter spray. They seem to prefer the electrical chords. You should see what they did to the 360 :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1