2 Replies - 405 Views - Last Post: 30 November 2015 - 05:35 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

How make Application Folder that installed on client with full control

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:51 PM

I published my Application and I tried it on other pc the main problem I faced is that application for read and execute only so can't create log file for database on application folder so I give this folder full control manually and application work fine. How make this folder with full control by default when built

Thanks for answer
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How make Application Folder that installed on client with full control

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How make Application Folder that installed on client with full control

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

Where are you trying to write the folder to that needs permissions? Depending on where you are trying to create the folder, you might not be able to without the user giving permission. Obviously if you can have a program put a folder in a secure area and give it full control then that could be a security problem. You might also want to reconsider where you are saving data because there is probably a better place that doesn't require extensive permission setting.

It has been suggested elsewhere that you could achieve something like this through custom actions, but I have not played with that. So it is up to you to figure out...

http://stackoverflow...ation-using-net
https://msdn.microso...(v=vs.100).aspx

Good luck :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How make Application Folder that installed on client with full control

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:35 PM

Thanks so much

I don't create Application Folder it's come by default when u install Application to client why I am need to make this folder full access because I don't attach .log file what would happen if I attach it .. does it affect on application ????
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1