• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Locating control panel items

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:58 AM

i know how to locate a file by doing:
1- Right Click on the icon
2- Properties
3- Open folder location

but i want to locate the items that is on the control panel like mouse settings, screen resolution, network and sharing center and the rest of the items.. i tried to locate them by right clicking the control panel then clicking on proprieties and open folder location and when i did it opened a file explorer window with the path:
C:\Users\Saad\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools

and then i right clicked the control panel again and opened its properties and clicked open folder location it showed me my desktop..

what I'm trying to do is to locate the folder that contains the items and the settings that is on the control panel

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Locating control panel items

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Locating control panel items

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:10 PM

What OS?

On Win7, if you go to the control panel search bar and type what you are looking for, I can generally find it.

Win 8, it is at the store or online with a different OS.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2015 - 03:39 AM

lets say you have an a exe file or a folder and you want to locate its source folder/path you will right click on it -> Properties -> Open folder location. then the source/main folder will open right ?. im trying to locate the items and settings that is on the control panel.
`
`
this is the menu that pops up when i right click one of the control panel items:
`
link
`
`
i made a shortcut on my desktop:
`
link
`
`
now to locate the folder that contains the mouse i right clicked on the shortcut -> proprieties. and this is how it looked like:
`
link
`
`
and when i click open folder location it just opens the control panel. what i want to locate is the folder that contains the exe. example: C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlPanel\Mouse.EXE, C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlPanel\ScreenSettings.EXE
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:30 AM

The control panel doesn't work that way. It is not just a folder with icon links to apps. It's an app in itself.

https://msdn.microso...v=vs.85%29.aspx
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1