1 Replies - 565 Views - Last Post: 03 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Which freesync monitor should I buy?

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

Hello. Just made a list of components for my new PC. Someone adviced me to buy an AMD R9 390 combined with a FreeSync monitor. So I think I might go for MSI Radeon R9 390 Gaming HDMI DP 2xDVI 8GB.

The question is which monitor I should go for, can anyone give me some advice? Some freesync monitors I have looked at so far:
Asus MG279Q
Benq XL2730Z
AOC G2460PF
Acer XG270HUomidpx
Samsung U24E590D

I dont really have a clear budget, but I don't want to waste any money. Some of these are, from my point of view stupidly expensive and I'm not really that picky except for broken pixels. My knowledge of picture quality is almost zero, I can probably not tell the difference from 1ms and 2ms, TN and IPS (or whatever it's called, I just read these terms frequently in reviews)

Gonna use the monitor to play a bunch of different games and also school stuff like programming.

Hope someone can give me some advice :D Thanks in advance

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Which freesync monitor should I buy?

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Which freesync monitor should I buy?

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

Well everyone has their favorites, but I am a huge fan of Samsung monitors and TVs. For me they just look nice and crisp and I have never gone wrong with one. I have had some gripes with BenQ in the past (it is what I have at work) and ASUS is another good brand preferred by many gamers who are picky about their monitors.

You really should strive to have a good response rate (anything under 3 or 4 ms is good) because this will prevent ghosting during video. Also look for a good contrast ratio but be careful since many manufacturers rate their contrast ratios differently.

Then the rest is really preference on what you like (size, stand quality, if it tilts or not etc).

If you can I always try and go down to the local electronics store where they have monitors side by side and just compare visually what seems more clear to you. People have different eye sight and some monitors just naturally cater to particular individuals. I like Samsung, but you may find them too blurry or something. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1