0 Replies - 247 Views - Last Post: 12 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Mixins with Bootstrap/Less

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

So I am trying to learn bootstrap on the fly (worst way to do this I know, but the money was too good to pass up!), and I ran into an issue with mixins in my less file. My structure is to have a styles.less that imports the main.less and variables.less. In my main.less I have

.col-md-9 offset-3;
		border:solid 10px @primaryBlue;

Now, for all the col-md-* that I use, I thought that should be a mixin from the bootstrap.css file, but it throws a warning of
 undeclared mixin

My question is, number one, is there an actual bootstrap.less file somewhere I need? I can't find one anywhere! Two, why does my
show as an undefined variable if it is defined in variables.less? Do I need to import variables.less into main.less, and if so, what is the purpose of having a styles.less that imports all the files? Three, am I even able to do this or am I forced to do something like
<div class="header col-md-12">
? I would rather not be forced to inline them, as if this layout ever changes I would like to be able to change on less class instead of 14 divs. Plus it can not really be best practice to inline this :P/>

EDIT: Badly formed code tag :P

This post has been edited by aidenkael: 12 January 2016 - 01:06 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1