Oscars

Halle Barry: more than just a Bernie Mack cameo...

Page 1 of 1

9 Replies - 645 Views - Last Post: 25 March 2002 - 12:25 PM

• View blog

Oscars

Posted 25 March 2002 - 02:58 AM

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!

How many VeeJays REALLY belong on the Maroon Carpet, anyway?

And what will they say in the morning? Sidney Potier, Denzel Washington, and Halle Barry. Not to mention Yippe Goldberg (who should have been named Oxy Moron)...

WTF was wrong with LOTR???!!! Wasn't it 13 nominations? Memento!!!! WHAT ABOUT MEMENTO!!!???

Oh!.... NOW I get it! [Blazing Saddles] HEP ME! HEP ME! O' LORDY LORD! [/Blazing Saddles]

Well, now I guess I have to see A Beautiful Mind *goddam russel crowe* the rock hudson of the new millenium.

(please don't hate me... oh, nevermind, i'm used to it)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Oscars

• Dream.In.Force

• View blog

Re: Oscars

Posted 25 March 2002 - 07:09 AM

Blazing Saddles
Gear'n up the way back machine!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• goat.face

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2002 - 07:42 AM

::dies laughing:: blazing saddles! what a classic movie - not very PC (politically correct), but still a classic.

'hey boys, look what I got here!' 'where tha white women at?' lol

-pete

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2002 - 10:03 AM

Quote: from SlashRaid on 9:09 am on Mar. 25, 2002

Blazing Saddles
Gear'n up the way back machine!!

Ouch [Ralph Cramden] Why I Oughta... POW, Right in the kisser!!! [/Ralph Cramden]

The Way Back seems to be broken... Now instead of '75 it's on like '55!

Oh, and I take it that I'm lucky no-one ripped me a new ass about this one, let alone tried to make any kind of legitimate "Oscars" conversation...

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Check, check, 1, 2.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2002 - 10:20 AM

I thought the oscars were great.  I don't think anyone got ripped off.  Sean Penn  could have an arguement for best actor, you might be able to argue about sissy spacek for best actress,  but  other than that it was a pretty fair.  LOTR won for best Cinematography (which is one of the only things it should have), and maybe a couple other things.Visual Effects maybe?  I don't remember.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2002 - 10:41 AM

Quote: from The Neoracle on 12:20 pm on Mar. 25, 2002
I thought the oscars were great.  I don't think anyone got ripped off.  Sean Penn  could have an arguement for best actor, you might be able to argue about sissy spacek for best actress,  but  other than that it was a pretty fair.  LOTR won for best Cinematography (which is one of the only things it should have), and maybe a couple other things.Visual Effects maybe?  I don't remember.

Yeah, LOTR won for all the visual and makeup effects, but over who? AI. Pearl Harbor. wow. Of COURSE LOTR gets those, how about Adaptation of Screenplay? How about Best Picture? (granted, didn't see Beautiful Mind)

Denzel got a crap role, and over did it. Give it to F~ing Will Smith, Ali is the best work he's ever done. (ok, not saying much there)

Sean Penn is CLASSIC! I think he's the only person who gave-a-less-5h17 to bother showing up! Funny!!!

(Retarded || Mental_Patient) != Oscar.quality();

ON ANOTHER SUBJECT: Did anyone else see The Matrix TWICE this weekend? Always good.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2002 - 11:12 AM

halle berry *drool*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Check, check, 1, 2.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2002 - 11:33 AM

Quote: from WebDevTool on 8:41 am on Mar. 25, 2002

Quote: from The Neoracle on 12:20 pm on Mar. 25, 2002

Yeah, LOTR won for all the visual and makeup effects, but over who? AI. Pearl Harbor. wow. Of COURSE LOTR gets those, how about Adaptation of Screenplay? How about Best Picture? (granted, didn't see Beautiful Mind)

Denzel got a crap role, and over did it. Give it to F~ing Will Smith, Ali is the best work he's ever done. (ok, not saying much there)

Sean Penn is CLASSIC! I think he's the only person who gave-a-less-5h17 to bother showing up! Funny!!!

(Retarded || Mental_Patient) != Oscar.quality();

ON ANOTHER SUBJECT: Did anyone else see The Matrix TWICE this weekend? Always good.

LOTR didn't win cause it's wasn't a complete story.  And sorry, it was ranked 3rd on my list for best picture (although I saw it twice in the theatre).  1. Beautiful Mind, 2. Black Hawk Down.

Are you saying that AI had bad effects? I haven't seen the whole thing  but from what I saw they were mind blowing.  You act like 4 Oscars is nothing. LOTR one more than a beatuiful mind.  

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2002 - 11:55 AM

I guess I'm crying because the Academy and I never see eye to eye.

Yeah, AI was billed as the new Matrix (smart, si-fi, futuristic... um... Artificial Intelligence...) when all along it was just the new Pinocchio... This makes for a bad movie (IMHO). Then the effects, well... could have been better. No LOTR, for sure. Once I was disappointed with the movie en todo, the visuals couldn't help it.

Again, I'm no J.R.R. fanatic or anything.

Three hours worth of a trilogy IS a whole movie. Just like the very first Star Wars.

Still, WHAT ABOUT MEMENTO? ALI?! anyway, whatever. It's over, I should put it behind me.

Posted Image

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Check, check, 1, 2.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2002 - 12:25 PM

Ali was a horrible movie, i left 3/4 of the way through cause it sucked so hard.

Momento won all the indy film awards. I one an oscar too, I remember, don't remember which one though.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1