1 Replies - 871 Views - Last Post: 11 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Windows 10 fails to boot, auto startup recovery fails as well.

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:55 PM

So I just got back into town tonight, and was hoping to wrap up a dev project for a client. When I left, my pc was installing updates and turning off as usual. When I come home, it is stuck in a loop of fail to boot, then restart and tell me to insert the proper media. If you restart it enters auto startup repair mode, but about an hour of "preparing" for auto start causes it to just display a mouse and grey background.

I can not get into safe mode, because of auto repair (maybe? Either way F8, F2, F5, etc. don't work, and as far as I can tell the keyboard is not responding either).

Am I SOL, and if so, how do I go about reinstalling windows without access to my licence key? This version was a free upgrade version. I don't have the 10 disk, just a windows 8 disk. Side note, I am going to see if I can boot off the Win8 disk and entire a command prompt to use REGBACK and update the OP if I get any progress.

Anything else you DICs can think of?

EDIT: After I booted from the Win8 CD, it took about 5 minutes to get into a menu. I tried a system restore, but I guess I have a corrupted hdd sector. Need to find a way into command prompt to run a chkdsk /r and then try again. Did not even think until I was posting this to try a previous boot disk, glad I did. I'm further now than I was 20 minutes ago!

This post has been edited by aidenkael: 31 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Windows 10 fails to boot, auto startup recovery fails as well.

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Windows 10 fails to boot, auto startup recovery fails as well.

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

Bro ur os ( operating system is corrupted so you need re-install windows 10 os )
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1