Page 1 of 1

Photoshop Glossy Button Tutorial + Video Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image

Eye Candy Glossy Button
Welcome on my tutorial! I want to teach you how to make cute eye candy glossy button. It's simple and beautiful, I'll show you every settings so you can also create this cool button!
(All green arrows, selections and numbers are not part of photoshop, I have added them by hand just to point out where everything goes)

Step 1
First open photoshop and create new document, File -> New. Name it Glossy Button and type 400 width pixels & 400 height pixels.

Click on the basic icon in photoshop Move Tool (in upper left side of the screen).
Now go to right side of screen and click twice on Background layer (with padlock) and click ok when New layer window pops. Name this layer background.
Select Paint Bucked Tool and change color of foreground on light gray (or type designation of color #eeeeee). Next click With Paint Bucked Tool on your work space.

Posted Image

Step 2
Create new layer (in right lower side of the screen)

Posted Image

name it outside circle and while you are on this layer, select Elliptical Marquee Tool and holding SHIFT create big circle (While using SHIFT you can create any perfect shape. You can change size of shape using free transform CTRL+T, to move shape use Move Tool)
Now click twice next to the name of outside circle layer and will pope window Layer Style.

Posted Image

Now add all settings to those effects:
Gradient Overlay:
Posted Image
Inner Shadow:
Posted Image
and Stroke:
Posted Image
On the end click ok to save changes

c) Create new layer and name it outside gloss. Select Elliptical Marquee Tool:

Posted Image

make selection like this:

Posted Image

then select Gradient Tool

Posted Image

make gradient with one disappearing side and make both sides white:

Posted Image

then make gradient in selection which you just create, from bottom to top:

Posted Image

now while you are on outside gloss layer, click CTRL, move mouse cursor on thumbnail outside circle layer, click ALT (will show small icon with minus) and now click one time on thumbnail outside circle with first mouse button
(CTRL + ALT + one mouse click - > on thumbnail outside circle [while you're on outside gloss layer])

Posted Image

then, release all buttons and click DELETE on the keyboard. Diselect selection with CRTL+D. Low opacity to 45%.

Step 3
Create new layer and name it middle circle. Create another circle but smaller then from step 2 and put him in the middle of outside circle.
(CTRL+T to change size. enter - confirm -> esc - regress, deletes all changes)
(help yourself with arrows in keyboard to set circle in the right spot)

Posted Image

Now click twice next to the name of middle circle to open Layer Style and add all settings to those effects:
Stroke:
Posted Image

(to add Color Stop just click below the belt, to delete just grab it away)
Gradient Overlay:
Posted Image

Step 4
Create new layer and name it inside circle. Create another smaller circle, smaller then in step 3 and put him in the middle of circles.
Posted Image

Open Layer Style like in previous steps and follow those settings:
Gradient Overlay:
Posted Image
Inner Shadow:
Posted Image
and Stroke:
Posted Image

Step 5
a) Create new layer and name it low color. Create small red (ff0000) aval below the center of inside circle:
Posted Image
Now go to the top panel of photoshop and choose Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur -> chose Rasterize -> 16,6px -> ok
Posted Image

Change opacity this layer to 75%.
Use large soft eraser tool to clean residues from blur visible on the bottom and sides of middle circle:
Posted Image Posted Image

b ) Duplicate low color layer, name it upper color and put him on top of inside circle. Up opacity to 95%. Use erasel tool to clean up residues visible on middle circle and on the middle part of upper color shape:
Posted Image

Step 6
Create new layer and name it inside gloss. Now use Elliptical Marquee Tool to create middle size oval on top of inside circle:
(Don't worry if you will not select it right away on the middle, after you'll use gradient, you can just move inside gloss with kaybord or mouse on the right spot)
Posted Image

Create gradient (the same white/invisible from step 2), from top to bottom:
Posted Image

Diselect selection CTRL+D and put inside gloss in the middle. Change opacity this layer to 61%.

Step 7
Create new layer and name it shadow. Create slate, oblate circle under button:
Posted Image
Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur -> chose Rasterize -> 13,9px
Change opacity to 60%.

THE END :)/>/>/>
Posted Image

E-GFX 2016 All Rights reserved
As a author of this tutorial I declare that I'm sharing it on dreamincode.net and allow dreamincode.net users and administrators to share it further only in unchanged form, meaning that if you want to share my tutorial you are to include 1:1 text, images, videos and any links included

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Photoshop Glossy Button Tutorial + Video

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:36 PM

Great tutorial! What version of Photoshop are you using?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1