3 Replies - 1326 Views - Last Post: 11 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Visual Studio 2015 ClickOnce applications not compatible w/ Windows 7

Posted 10 March 2016 - 02:52 AM

Ironically I made the game on a windows 7 computer, but I can't run it on any other computer that is windows 7.. Only windows 10 computers work.. it crashes on windows 7. my dad told me that visual studio 2015 is meant for windows 10 but is sure there's a way around it to make it compatible for windows 7. I did some searching and found nothing. If you guys wanna test the application for yourself here's the link: http://gamejolt.com/...th-slice/132050

I just don't know how to fix this. I even tried downloading it again on another computer with the dll files in the same folder as the .exe, and nothing. Still crashed. I really don't want to install an older visual studio(if that's even possible).

When I try to run it on Windows 7 it just crashes and says "Game2 has stopped working" and closes it.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Visual Studio 2015 ClickOnce applications not compatible w/ Windows 7

• Here to help.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Visual Studio 2015 ClickOnce applications not compatible w/ Windows 7

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:13 AM

Is this an XNA or MonoGame question?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

View PostBBeck, on 10 March 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

Is this an XNA or MonoGame question?

MonoGame.

Actually it's not just Windows 10. Some Windows 7 computers worked. One Windows 10 computer actually worked. It's weird. But there are computers where it keeps crashing and refuses to run.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Here to help.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

I've never used anything higher than Windows 7 and have mostly been doing other things since XNA. I only have a small amount of experience with MonoGame, although it always seemed to run fine on my Win7 machine.

I don't know about VS2015 being for Win10 so much. It's an IDE. I don't think it's specifically tied to just certain OS's. Where he may have gotten that is from C++ and DirectX. There things are a little more closely tied to the OS. With WinRT vs Win32 there was a pretty huge shift that mostly happened when they went to Windows 8. Again, I've never worked with anything higher than Win7, and so I haven't seen what it looks like over there on the other side. But on this side, I've run into things were DX11 has to be coded differently for Win7 than for what it wants you to code it as for Win10 (or 8 if you have to).

Since MonoGame is based on DX11 (assuming they haven't gone to DX12 yet), this "could" in theory affect MonoGame. But my understanding is MonoGame runs on all these OS's and they should tell you if you need to do anything special to run under any particular OS or if some versions of VS might be a problem.

But I would not expect any problem to be with VS2015 itself but possibly with libraries installed by default and such, if at all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1