2 Replies - 1442 Views - Last Post: 18 April 2016 - 06:19 AM

• say what now
  • member icon

• View blog

battery folds at 45%

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:19 AM

It was about a week ago that I fully charged my (Samsung) laptop battery and let it empty. It lasted over 2.5 hrs, nearer to 3 actually, and I was happy. In the last few days though, when on the battery, it suddenly shuts down at around 45% full. (One or two other people on a search mention this number 45, perhaps it has a special meaning/value?)

I've checked my battery plans (balanced used mainly) and then run a diagnostic. One of the warnings is:

Battery:Last Full Charge (%)
The battery stored less than 50% of the Designed Capacity the last time the battery was fully charged.
Battery ID 41167COMPAL PABAS0241231
Design Capacity 48840
Last Full Charge 23510
Last Full Charge (%) 48

I appreciate that battery performance deteriorates, and they do fail, but it seems unusual (unlikely?) for it to do so so suddenly.

Has anyone had a similar experience and might there be some other explanation, other than a suddenly faulty battery?

On request I can provide whatever other information might be useful ;)

Here's the battery diagnostic report attached, it's an HTML in a zip.

Attached File  batteryhealth.zip (4.29K)
Number of downloads: 53

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: battery folds at 45%

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: battery folds at 45%

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

If the cell that fails is prior to other cells, it maybe causing overall failure. Best bet is to use it in another laptop of the same model number, & if the problem follows, your SOL other than replacing the battery, or opening it & repairing the cells. That's something that while I know is possible, though I've never actually done it.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• say what now
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: battery folds at 45%

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:19 AM

Thank you. I was considering selling my laptop a couple of weeks ago, perhaps I should have done so before the battery folded ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1