3 Replies - 43595 Views - Last Post: 12 December 2007 - 10:00 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

data structure project

Post icon  Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:43 AM

I have select select any project from the list given below.I don't know much about programing language plz tell me which project is easier for me and what I have to do in order to make project.

Project No.1

Project Name: Bitmap Image Compression Class

Description: This project requires the implementation of hashing, link list and tree concepts and writing an application that will manipulate and compress a bitmap image and save it as a new file.

Basic Idea: As we know bitmap images data in in raw binary form and is not compressed and consumes a lot of space that is why this format is not preferred for web, in this project we want to manipulate bitmap image data and using concepts in our data structure course we want to compress that image practically using c++.

Project No.2

Project Name: Binary Tree Class (Graphical Implementation)

Description: This project requires the implementation of all tree related concepts and write an application that will implement all basic tree related concepts and operations and will show the trees graphically.

Basic Idea: We have studied many basic tree related concepts in our data structure course in this project we want to implement these concepts practically using c++ and any graphics library.

For this project we will use win32 or Turbo or Borland c graphics functions of circles and lines drawing to draw trees so this project is a bit more complex the students who have interest in graphics should take this projects, we will guide them.

Project No.3

Project Name: Implementation of Recursion and Tracing its Stack (Graphically)

Description: This project will implement and trace recursive functions graphically.

Basic Idea: When we write and execute any recursive function its implementation is hidden from us we canít tell what is happening is background in this project we want our students to show the recursion steps they have studied practically using c++ and graphics.

(The conditions of project 2 also applied to this project)

Project No.4

Project Name: Student Prerequisite Subjects Management System

Description: This project requires the use of link list or tree to store different courses and their prerequisites and based on this list it will allow any student to take any course or not.

Basic Idea: This project will take the course list and their prerequisites list from user once then it will allow or disallow the students from taking the prerequisites this project will also be in c++. This projects can be console based or in graphics depending upon the student/s doing project choice.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1

Replies To: data structure project

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: data structure project

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:58 AM

Dream.In.Code has a policy by which we prefer to see a good faith effort on your part before providing source code for homework assignments. Please post the code you have written in an effort to resolve the problem, and our members would be happy to provide some guidance. Be sure to include a description of any errors you are encountering as well.

Post your code like this: :code:

Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:19 AM

I would suggest you to do the recursion assignment.
Not because it is the most easy (none of the assignments are easy for someone that did not pay attention the last period in class) but because it is the most important subject, and you should learn it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:00 AM

I think that having a semilar project depends on the student competinse..... but if i were u i will choose the last project num.4 that is about students ,,,, because u can find what do u exactlly dealing with everyday.as u r a student
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1