5 Replies - 3874 Views - Last Post: 17 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

#1 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Best Android Books

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:52 PM

Share your suggestions for Android development books!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Best Android Books

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Best Android Books

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

Murach Android Development 2nd edition

Head First Android Development
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:24 AM

Well, I would say you can't find any book which can help you with the app development thing rather than what the books tell you is the basic method how to start not how to end things, So, I would say take any of the book available it doesn't matters at all, what matters is keep practicing all things at the regular interval and you will be eventually develop skill.

Designing is a part of Development phase but they are totally different, inthe designing phase things are planned out like how the workflow would be in the app it includes contacting with client how you want the navigation to be and all. the After than what you do is putting down all the pieces together in the the code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• lashings of ginger beer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:06 AM

"I would say take any of the book available it doesn't matters at all"

I disagree with this. Some books are better than others, particularly for beginners, hence this burgeoning topic.

(I agree with the statement when you get to a more advanced level, then there tends to be less distinctive between the material presented because there is little hand-holding.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

josephfranklin166, care to elaborate? Books in general give you a starting point. They also show you how a particular person or persons approached a topic and how they worked to solve it. So, saying books don't matter is a meaningless statement, if you are going to learn anything, you need to practice it and then you will figure out how to accomplish the same task in different ways. But, if you don't know where to start a book ( or online resource ) is a way to get you on a path to start learning the subject matter.

The design part of your post, while partially true, is not part of what is being discussed. And by the way, they have books on that subject matter as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

Head First Android Development is a good book. They cover all the main topics concisely and provide source code for each chapter.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1