Problems accessing DiC

Page 1 of 1

8 Replies - 1623 Views - Last Post: 14 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Problems accessing DiC

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:23 AM

I wanted to find out if anyone else has been having trouble loading the pages here the last few days?

Coming back to the forums a week ago I noticed I could not access the log in or create new account pages. In order to do so I had to use a proxy page. This had been the first time trying to access my account here since I had Excede satellite internet service. For the bandwidth I have the business package which provides a static IP. Modi worked through this issue with me, and Skyhawk added my external IP to the whitelist. However it still did not help. My best assumption is that my ISP is somehow interfering and preventing me from logging in to DiC, because I am not having this issue with any other website or forum

Luckily I found anonymoX addon for Firefox (provides a new proxy ip address). It has been working pretty good, and I can turn it on when I want to make a post, and turn it off whenever I feel like it. The last 2 days though I have noticed a severe lag when I try to access DiC. Pages will literally half-way load, or not load at all, and constantly have the refresh button going. I can stop and reload a page then it will load a full page, but sometimes this takes 2-3 attempts. There have been several times where my browser has frozen for several minutes.

I have noticed that when I bring up the task manager that FlashPlayerPlugin_21_0 _ 0_242 is using a lot of memory, and if I terminate it my browser will un-freeze, and I will not get the popup message that a script on this page has stopped working.

Windows7 Ultimate 64 bit
16gig ram
Firefox 47.0
ESET Smart Security

Please note I have tried this with Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Chromium browsers, which lead me the believe it is my ISP interfering with my connection to just this site...every other site I am able to access fine. I have tried using the private browsing and deleting history as well on each of these.

Edit: I have the same issue logging in with my phone and tablet, as well as any other computer in the house. I can disconnect from my wifi and use just my data on my phone, and I can acces just the site, which is also another reason why I believe a lot of issues are just with my ISP.

Edit#2: http://www.dreaminco...2-ads-are-back/ Not sure if that has something to do with it because I am seeing ads as well. I attributed this to not being a DiC++ member...probably should invest in that...

This post has been edited by Recoil: 08 June 2016 - 08:56 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problems accessing DiC

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problems accessing DiC

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

Weird, so you're able to access the site just fine from an anonymous IP address.... that means some where your IP must be blocked, probably with our stop forum spam service, but when I looked up your IP it didn't show up there... let me look one other place, I may have an idea.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

I can access the site from my static IP address, just not the login and create new account pages. Even when I was finally able to log in (method below) I was unable to reply or make new threads.

Using the proxy browse pages like SSL Proxy I am able to log in and start or reply to threads. Using anonymoX addon for Firefox I am able to do the same.

My external IP is 67.54.155.167
The one provided by my ISP (shows on modem page) is 10.167.8.23

I do not understand the difference, as I thought when you have a static IP you only had 1.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:08 AM

Since I already mentioned this, and I don't want to start another thread...why can I not sign up for DiC++ and pay through paypal? It says you guys are not able to take money? :helpsmilie:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Enhance Your Calm
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

View PostRecoil, on 08 June 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

I can access the site from my static IP address, just not the login and create new account pages.

Can you see the login page?

I noticed a while back, when I was using certain VPN services, that some forms on DIC failed to submit. I'd just get an empty page as a response. Most notably, the login and reply forms both only returned an empty response, and nothing happened.

Eventually I worked out that if I removed the module query parameter from the login form's action URL, using the browser dev tools, I could get it to log in. I figure there is some security mechanism in there that isn't quite behaving as expected.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:41 PM

No, I could not see the login page. It would load just a blank white page until I started using the proxy web browser, and proxy addon. This was even after skyhawk133 has whitelisted my IP.

Anyways, I brought up IE and tested that out, and removed "&module=global" from the URL. I was able to fully see the login page.

I tried doing that on Firefox when I went to reply, but sadly that trick did not work for it.

Thanks so much for the tip...I have been on the phone twice with my ISP asking why there are blocking my pages LOL

Edit: I went to create a new thread to test and removed "&section=post" and the screen came up.

***These 2 were made using the Reply button and were auto merged***

Sorry to double post, please do not merge...

This post was made by removing the same "&section=post" as well.

Sorry for the double post, please do not merge.

This post was made by removing '&section=post" as well.

This post has been edited by Recoil: 08 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:25 PM

That's soooooo weird, not even sure how/why it would work without that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

I have no idea, but it's a good temp solution for people who are running into this. It can't be anything with the DiC site, because I bet there are other users who are using the same browsers with no issues.

I also forgot to mention, I had also bypassed my router and hooked straight into my modem to see if it was the culprit, and it wasn't. The ONLY thing I have not tried is taking my laptop to another location yet as no2pencil suggested in IRC chat.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

http://www.dreaminco...ost__p__2263114

Just wanted to update this issue. This was probably NOT a DiC issue, and was most likely my ISP, and something about hijacking the DNS. Solution in link above for anyone else trying to access DiC and constantly having problems like I was...hopefully that will help you as well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1