5 Replies - 2055 Views - Last Post: 20 July 2016 - 07:36 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

DiscUtils - a replacement? Im desperate to solve this problem.

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:08 AM

Hello Friends,

I'm developing software that uses the DiscUtils to store files in a container such as a virtual disk (VHD), I'm trying to use Ntfs system with VHD, but I've gone through soo many problems because I store a lot of files with varied sizes. The library generates random exceptions. The idea of using that library was to not spend time creating a file system.

The advantage of DiscUtils is that is native C#, so I can use it with Xamarin.

Well, i need an alternative or help to make it work, I need something that can store various files in a container (like a virtual disk). It can be a library that i use with pInvoke , any other library, or a help on how to use the DiscUtils correctly.

I've tried a thousand forks of DiscUtils.

Thank you, I'm desperate to solve this problem.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: DiscUtils - a replacement? Im desperate to solve this problem.

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: DiscUtils - a replacement? Im desperate to solve this problem.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:39 AM

You have said what your trying to achieve but when talking about DiscUtils you have just said generated random exceptions.

Perhaps show us some of these exceptions? Personally I have no knowledge of DiscUtils however someone else may see this thread with an answer to one of your exceptions.

You may get lucky and come across someone who either knows about DiscUtils or another product on this forum, however have you thought about posting on their codeplex forum?

https://discutils.codeplex.com/

Again i don't know any alternatives to DiscUtils.

Also I don't think this belongs in the .Net Framework section as it is about a third party .Net library more than the actual .Net Framework. However we will let the moderators decide.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:54 AM

This can stay here, although it may get more exposure if moved to the C# forum.

As noted above, without seeing what exceptions you are getting, and without seeing your code, it is very hard to help you. Please provide more details.

So you have tried thousands of forks. You must have been working on this project for at least two years then because if we were optimistic and you did not sleep at all, you would need to give each fork a fair shake, so that means trying each one for at least 8 hours. So that means 3 forks a day, and over a thousand forks a year. To get to thousands, you would need two years of just pounding on this. Are there even that many forks of DiscUtils?

The beauty of open source is that you have access to the source code. Finding the reasons for the exceptions should be easier.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:07 PM

Looks like our original poster just posted his question and never logged back in again since then. Could this be part one of a two part spam where another user appears out of nowhere extolling the virtues of some for profit library or product?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:23 AM

Maybe we took to long to answer and he found a solution before we had a chance, however it would of been nice for him to tell us that?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:36 AM

The project coordinator already abandoned and is now looking for people who can keep the DiscUtils, I've tried everything.

Of course it was not thousands forks ..., but tried several forks, several different examples, already downloaded the source code but decided it would take too much timeto understand and fix all the problems.

>.< :butbut: :/

Sorry for not answering before .. I was little sick .. :sad2:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1