4 Replies - 1382 Views - Last Post: 23 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Where Can I ask Questions about Smart Card Development?

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:19 AM

Hello!
My question is: Which forum can I ask questions about Smart Card Development?
I am working on a project which, at the current point that I have reached, requires that I mess around with an NFC reader to capture data from an Android phone. That data is then sent to an Excel file and then it is promptly loaded (using a PHP script) into an SQL Database. As I have been looking everywhere for answers to the topic question, I want to make sure I can find the proper forum to ask. Hopefully, I can find someone who can lead me to proper answers for my project.
If I am asking in the wrong forum, please let me know which forum I can ask my question in.
Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Where Can I ask Questions about Smart Card Development?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Where Can I ask Questions about Smart Card Development?

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

What part of that do you have questions with?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:36 AM

I am looking for a free SDK for smart card dev for complete beginners such as myself, or any straightforward tutorials for that matter. At this point in my project, I require more information regarding configuring my NFC reader to receive the data and post it in the Excel file. So far I have had no luck finding anything that is either free or for beginners.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

Okay.. I would suggest looking at your hardware and then going to the manufacture's site for the most directly relevant documentation and SDK.

Outside of that - I would think the 'software dev' forum. Though hopefully you explain what you have researched and so forth.

If the concepts are above your current level then I would also think about stepping back and beefing up your foundations so you are able to tackle any tutorials out there.. assuming they exist.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

Every manufacturers software is different. So, no sdk is going to be the same across the board. Tutorials aren't offered for everything you want to do, their documentation is the best source of information; and if you have to pay for it, it is a price to pay for using their equipment.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1