3 Replies - 308 Views - Last Post: 31 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Program Development

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

Hi all

Not sure if this is the right place but I have to start somewhere!

I've build a CNC quilting machine for my wife, I first draw the pattern in a program called Vcarve pro which is really designed for CNC milling and routering. Once I have the CNC G code this is exported to Mach3 which controls the motion of the CNC stepper motors.

There has been a lot of interest in this project since I put it on YouTube, a lot of people have been asking me for info on how to do it.... I'd like to develop simple software to eliminate the need for Vcarve and Mach3.

Where would I head for assistance with this project? It's never going to make money due to the limited demand but if someone like minded was looking for a programming challenge...... This could be one!

I'd appreciate any idea's or direction with this.

Thanks Dave

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Program Development

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Program Development

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:10 PM

Are you looking to hire someone for money, or a collaborator to work for free?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

Thanks modi123_1

I think this would be more of a collaboration piece. I do this for a hobby and want to share what I've done with other who may not be as patient as me when it comes to working with multiple programs and the challenge that it brings!

Who knows, it may take off and be popular if we can make it workable to the general hobbyist. People who do quilting aren't normally keen to deal with the complications my current system has.

It's just that I have no idea where to start with this side of things, I can build anything physical but software.....

Cheers for your thoughts.

Dave
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:32 PM

Your thread has been moved to our Volunteer Jobs and Collaborative Teambuilding forum. Please remember that threads seeking volunteer help, a group to learn together, or a group to work on a hobbyist project do not belong in the general help forums or our paid jobs forum.
The paid jobs forum is strictly for jobs for which you intend to pay some definite sum in a negotiable currency. Shares in future profits, in-game currencies, and promises of possible employment do not qualify.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1