1 Replies - 431 Views - Last Post: 16 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

asus RT-AC68U facebook WiFi

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:30 AM

Hello, i am using version 3.0.0.4.380.2717 firmware for RT-AC68U router especcialy for facebook WiFi, and I am having an issue. When setup everything, and connect to my wifi, it redirect me to my page where I must either check in with facebook or enter a pin. Problem is that when trying to open some pages with SSL, it open that, but shouldnt. Idea is, only when check or pin is ok, then have a free wifi and can go on every site. Any idea where to set up that? So sites without SSL redirect to my facebook page. I didn't find solution.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: asus RT-AC68U facebook WiFi

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: asus RT-AC68U facebook WiFi

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

View Postmercy_angel, on 08 September 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

Hello, i am using version 3.0.0.4.380.2717 firmware for RT-AC68U router especcialy for facebook WiFi, and I am having an issue. When setup everything, and connect to my wifi, it redirect me to my page where I must either check in with facebook or enter a pin. Problem is that when trying to open some pages with SSL, it open that, but shouldnt. Idea is, only when check or pin is ok, then have a free wifi and can go on every site. Any idea where to set up that? So sites without SSL redirect to my facebook page. I didn't find solution.

Looks like your router doesn't support Facebook Wifi. There is a list of supported devices on this webpage.
https://www.facebook...i/businessowner

But, I think another solution, that is if you do not wish to purchase a new wifi, is to set up a captive portal for your business. If you offer free wifi, you want people to see that you are offering it for free, and to adhere to your terms of condition, such as not abusing the ability to use your wifi.

Hope that helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1