1 Replies - 556 Views - Last Post: 01 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

• The Leafiest of the Leif's
  • member icon

• View blog

Failure to Post - Apparently GPU failure

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:24 AM

Hi All,

I came back from a work trip yesterday to find my PC failing to POST. It hasn't been left on during the time I was away and was fine before I left.

The LED codes on my board (Asus Z87i-Pro, 2 years old) suggest GPU failure. If I remove the GPU (GTX 980 Ti, 11 months old), the PC continues to report the same error.

If I leave the PC cycling like this for about 10 minutes, it will come online and analysis of the sensor data suggests there is no issue whatsoever. PSU appears to be stable, RAM checks out, CPU isn't reporting any errors.

I'm usually able to diagnose these, but this one has left me baffled. If something is failing I'd quite like to replace it - but obviously that would mean knowing what it is.

Have any of the DiC community ever experienced an issue like this? How did you solve it?

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Failure to Post - Apparently GPU failure

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Failure to Post - Apparently GPU failure

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

I would check your BIOS battery. If you are not using integrated graphic thats built on your MBO, there should be jumper near CPU to disable it physically, you can also check capacitors around (because it manages to start up after 10min of trying, it can be easy capacitor problem, probably the fat one), because with your VGA and without, MBO can still say same error for several things, like same error, for broken VGA, for missing VGA, or broken integrated graphic. If there are beep signals, they can probably tell you more specific where the problem is.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1